Driver's School Discuss tips, techniques, and schools for enhancing the driver portion of the performance driving equation.

Team O'Neil Rally School

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Blackcoffee
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Team O'Neil Rally School

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

A rally driver friend of mine and I organized a One Day Advanced Rally School at team O'Neil in New Hampshire. http://teamoneil.com

THIS EVENT IS FOR ADVANCED DRIVERS ONLY!

Details are below

Saturday March 21st

1 Day Advanced Rally School- Vittorio/Mark Special
This 1 day course is designed for advanced drivers or instructors. We will have you learning the proper use of left foot braking to deal with understeer and oversteer situations using an early apex line. Traditionally the 1 day course stays in FWD Ford Fiestas but if the class advances you may be exposed to additional drivetrains. With this advanced course we will train to standard not to time. As a majority or the entire group understands a technique we will move to the next skill set. If a few people end up falling behind we will continue to work with them to become comfortable with the current technique and allow the rest of the course to advance. Team O’Neil is designed to have 1 instructor for every 2 students and to have those students rotate though different cars and instructors. We have found that the same instruction given by different people allows for faster retention of skills.

Pricing has been set at $800 this one time only! Price include full coverage insurance for the day.

Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by Blackcoffee; 03-18-2015 at 06:44 PM. Reason: EVENT NOE FULL
Old 03-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
That looks like a boat load of fun. Rally racing, to me, is the scariest racing. Period. Long since other forms of racing have become just semi-dangerous, Rally drivers routinely stare death in the eyes. I have to admit that it's a blood sport that I'll never take part in. Too 'fraid.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM
v10climber
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
How do you define "advanced driver"?

Sent from my phone using NAMotoring

Old 03-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Blackcoffee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by v10climber
How do you define "advanced driver"?

Sent from my phone using NAMotoring
You'd need to know how to heal toe, trail brake, that sort of thing. Who do you typically do track days with and what run group?

Last edited by Blackcoffee; 03-02-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Blackcoffee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Helix13mini
That looks like a boat load of fun. Rally racing, to me, is the scariest racing. Period. Long since other forms of racing have become just semi-dangerous, Rally drivers routinely stare death in the eyes. I have to admit that it's a blood sport that I'll never take part in. Too 'fraid.
I've yet to drive a stage rally. It's just cost prohibitive! I sprint race with BMW Club Racing and endurance race with team SNEED. Wheel to wheel is fantastic, especially racing at night! Rally however is insane fun! I've been up to Team O'Neil for past several winters. I can tell you this, if you want to learn how to drive a front wheel drive car fast, then you have to learn how to left foot brake.

Via team O'Neil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl7O...ature=youtu.be

I'f you're looking for something lower speed, there's always rallycross http://www.scca.com/rallycross/

Last edited by Blackcoffee; 03-02-2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Mudhen
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome that you organized this...wish I'd have known earlier! Have used up all my kitchen passes the last few weeks of rallies and rallycrosses...and need to save my money for another skidplate after yesterdays fun.

Sad there's not even a rally section under 'Racing & Competition'...or a piece of the SCCA list. Must be more than a few of us that like the dirt?

Really wish I could go...ton of money for one day but I know it would be worth it!

Pat

Old 03-16-2015, 01:50 PM
WrenchMonkey
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think I qualify as an advanced driver. I have yet to set foot on a track, but that is something I'd like to change.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Blackcoffee
1st Gear
Pat,

I'll post here again if we do another Rally event.

—Mark

Old 03-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Blackcoffee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WrenchMonkey
I don't think I qualify as an advanced driver. I have yet to set foot on a track, but that is something I'd like to change.
There are a handful of tracks close by and a ton of organizations to run with. I think BMW club offer's a discount for first timers.

—Mark