MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > MINIs in General > Detailing 101
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM

Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Gallery
Garage
GOT DINGS ? Found an Awesome Mobile PDR Guy Servicing Boston/Worcester/Providence.

Parked in an unfamiliar neighborhood in Lincoln Ma on Saturday during a bit of a wind storm, under an oak Tree with acorns the size of walnuts. So I had a few dings in my roof, and one in my door from some careless creep.

Anyways, I checked around and was fortunate to find Arthur of Boston Dent Pro. www.bostondentpro.com

Arthur is an independent owner/operator of a paintless dent removing company with almost 15 years experience servicing the Boston, Worcester and Providence RI areas. He is recognized for his work locally with the Mazda and BMW Clubs here in Massachusetts.

I met up with Arthur at my Mini Mechanics shop - Arthur was very prompt, curtious, and was able to remove all the dings in the roof and the side door w/o a trace of them ever being there.

Click the image to open in full size.

Like magic they were gone !

And his prices are excellent as well. It costs more if required to remove door panels ect, but most cases this is not necessary and his prices are probably the lowest in the state. Estimates are always available. You just take photo(s) of your ugly spots and send them via email to his company web site for an estimate.

We are currently in the planning stages to have Arthur return for a PDR / Detailing Day at Greasys Garage some time soon as well. And will post progress of that in the Club Forum section here in North American Motoring for Mass Motoring Club.

So alls well that ends well in this case.

And best of all, he is a magician when it comes to removing the ugly spots our MINI's get from time to time. A great find IMO.

Thanks Arthur !

Motor Safe,
Dave

2003 R53 - DS - 200K + Miles
Parts of MINI NOT Modded ( A Shorter List ) Block/Head/HK Stereo.

Last edited by -=gRay rAvEn=-; 05-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Boy could my Cooper use this. Parking lot!

Anybody know who provides this service in San Juan, PR?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:06 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsota View Post
Boy could my Cooper use this. Parking lot!

Anybody know who provides this service in San Juan, PR?
In Puerto Rico, DENT MASTERS 787-774-7921. They are the best in the island in that matter. NO relation with the company, just only a happy customer......
Old 11-04-2009, 08:39 AM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to scans007
Gallery
Wow man.......very cool. I just moved from the Leominster area down to RI. I'm more interested in your mechanic - I've worked with one trusted guy for years but they don't know much about the mini's so I'm try'n to find a replacement guru =)

I might be hitting them up for a pulley install just to meet them and hang out...
Old 07-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Gallery
Garage
Boston Dent Pro To The Rescue - FTW !

Was out on a nice stretch of road.....on a nice down hill grade Click the image to open in full size. and Wham! Thought I struck a pumkin in the road. Upon returning home found this in my hood. Could have been worse....a few more inches to the right and it would have been a new HID Xenon Headlight....Thing looks like a hatchet strike !

Was goning to let it go until sometime in the future when I decided to repaint the bonnet and blending the hood scoop in. You know how it is if you have any mileage on your MINI ---- Road rash.

So I went to Boston Dent Pro's web site, left a message there with some pics of the damage. Arthur telephoned me back 3 minutes later And had the time today to make the necessary repair. 20 minutes later, and the hatchet crease was totally gone. Nada, nothing. Only tell tale signs are the flakes of paint that was chipped off by what ever struck the bonnet.

This guy is the best, and knows MINI's very well. If you have any dings or dents in need of fixing. I highly recommend this guy.

Last edited by -=gRay rAvEn=-; 05-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
5th Gear

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Gallery
Hmm.... Apparently you have an 'injun problem out there. I'd keep an eye out for more tomahawks in the future
Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Gallery
Garage
Still have no idea what the object was......not going back anytime soon to find out either.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Gallery
Garage
Damn Dent

Offender was a shopping cart....and not one of those big box store plastic ones either.

It was one of those electronically theft proof heavy ones from a small retail grocery chain.....

About 4" . The body shop estimate was $1,200.00

Not a huge fan of body shop fillers and aftermarket paint jobs, over a few weeks time I managed to litigate a settlement with the store's law firm for a PDR settlement, then called Arthur, operator and owner of Boston Dent Pro.

An hour later and it's like it never happend.

I was fortunate enough to catch him before the usual hail season. I highly recommend his work. This was the third time I have used his services and each and every time I am just amazed at the work he does. Hope to have a PDR day for the club in early October.

Last edited by -=gRay rAvEn=-; 05-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Gallery
Garage
Wow. That's an amazing job. Out of curiosity, what does he charge?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Gallery
Garage
Appx 80-90 dollars a ding. More if he has to remove all sorts of interior body panels to get to the back area of the ding.

He lowers that price if there are multiple ones to do on the same panel.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM