R60 wheels and tires on 1.5" drop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 07:49 PM
HasAnMTBProblem
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
R60 wheels and tires on 1.5" drop?

I know someone is going to say "use the search button" because they think this is the same question being asked over and over, but I promise I have done a ton of research and cannot find an answer to my specific question, despite all of the information that ALMOST hits home.

My question is: What offset are people running for 18x8 and 235/40R18 on 1.5" drop, such as with KW coilovers.

I'm trying to figure out how much, if any rubbing there is. I'm not talking about just driving along. I want to know what people are running to avoid rubbing over big bumps, dips, and hard cornering, too. At the moment, I'm thinking I'm limited to a minimum of et40, but I'd love to be able to get down to et35 or et32. Without being able to find reliable info, though, I can't be sure what is possible.

Everything I can find is either about 19" wheels, or has no suspension drop noted.

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-09-2017, 09:15 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
The best thing to do if you don't get an answer is to remove the springs and disconnect the sways and jack the suspension arms up with the tires on. You'll know exactly where it'll rub at full compression.