Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

Sightings and future events

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
eagle65
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sightings and future events

I was in Morgantown on 1/14/14 and saw at least 4 MINIs within a half mile of driving. All had out of state tags, so I assume they were students. But, it was still good to see them.

Any Spring drives planned? All the talk at HRCM and Tar Heels MINIs is about MOTD. It really doesn't interest me that much. I drove the Dragon, in my Countryman All4 when we did MTTS 2012. When we were done, my wife said it wasn't as bad as she expected. Lots of curves, but if you live in WV, what else is there?

Speaking of MTTS, anyone plan on doing all or part of it this year?

Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by eagle65
I was in Morgantown on 1/14/14 and saw at least 4 MINIs within a half mile of driving. All had out of state tags, so I assume they were students. But, it was still good to see them.
There do seem to be more MINI's around, and whenever I find one that's parked I put a Country Roads MINI's card on it, inviting them to join our group. The MINI of Pittsburgh website has listed several sales to local owners.

Any Spring drives planned? Speaking of MTTS, anyone plan on doing all or part of it this year?
We have a breakfast meet-up scheduled for Saturday, February 1 at DJ's 50's and 60's Diner just at 8:30AM in Fairmont just off I-79. We'll be there a couple of hours (we're slow eaters!). The plan is to bring our calendars together and firm-up some free Saturday's this spring. Sometimes this is the hardest part! Once we have a date and an idea, the details of a one day drive fall into place. You can see by our earlier postings that our destinations are varied.

Please feel free to join us!

We did a little pre-planning at DJ's about 2 weeks ago and came-up with drives along US250 towards Moundsville, Laurel Highlands US40 Ohiopyle/Mt. Davis, and others.

We are definitely going to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, a maybe/likely for MTTS Cleveland to Buffalo leg, and a likely if the Hampton Roads group swings through West Virginia in the fall.