Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

All Tastes Tour

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
All Tastes Tour

Whether you like chocolate, have lost your marbles, or enjoy ferry rides, you'll enjoy our next drive on August 17th!

We'll meet-up at our usual spot at Almost Heaven Desserts at 9:30AM, and from there leave for Ellenboro and visit Sam' Crystal Creations. The next stop is Vienna to visit Holl’s Swiss Chocolatier, which just happens to be having "Sampling Saturday" a special event for chocolate lovers. Then it's on to Fly, Ohio where we'll cross the mighty Ohio River by ferry. From there we'll drive a serious set of twisties on WV 18 as we head back to Bridgeport.

For planning purposes the Bridgeport to Bridgeport loop is about 194 miles. I'll have a detailed drive plan waiting for us at Almost Heaven Desserts. In the meantime, if you would like additional information about our stops, checkout the websites below:

Sam's Crystal Creations
http://www.visitritchiecounty.com/page.php?id=77

Holl's Swiss Chocolatier
http://www.holls.com

St. Marys Ferry
http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201208120084

Old 07-31-2013, 02:05 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who can resist?

Hey, we're talking chocolate here folks--happy happy happy!

What a great drive John has come up with. It will be a blast and who can resist chocolate, good friends, a boat ride and more?

Tell EVERYONE who owns and drives a Mini to come join us.

With no minute by minute agenda, our drives are relaxed but sometimes spirited as the law will allow. Our goal: to have fun driving our Minis to neat places and seeing the sites along the way.

Pass this to your friends--please!

Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Yum!

Today we had a blast driving to Parkersburg WV. All in all, about 200 miles round trip. We stopped at Sams Crystal Creations where we got to see glass marbles being made. What a process to produce WV's only marbles that are sold globally via EBay. Beautiful.
From there it was on to Holl's Swiss Chocolatier for some of the best tasting, hand made chocolates. Their Carmel bourbon dessert sauce was to die for!

From there to Fly, Ohio where we crossed the river via ferry boat into Sistersville, WV. That was a real treat to load the Minis onto the ferry for a short ride across the river.

And then onward back home. The day was too short. But thanks again to our navigators John and Jim, we made our way through a parade via all the back streets of Parkersburg and onto each destination without a hitch.

Attached Thumbnails All Tastes Tour-image.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker
Today we had a blast driving to Parkersburg WV. All in all, about 200 miles round trip. We stopped at Sams Crystal Creations where we got to see glass marbles being made. What a process to produce WV's only marbles that are sold globally via EBay. Beautiful.
From there it was on to Holl's Swiss Chocolatier for some of the best tasting, hand made chocolates. Their Carmel bourbon dessert sauce was to die for!

From there to Fly, Ohio where we crossed the river via ferry boat into Sistersville, WV. That was a real treat to load the Minis onto the ferry for a short ride across the river.

And then onward back home. The day was too short. But thanks again to our navigators John and Jim, we made our way through a parade via all the back streets of Parkersburg and onto each destination without a hitch.
Ditto from me! It never ceases to amaze what treasures we have within a short drive from north central W. Va.! It just takes a little digging on the net and a little "luck." Now if I can just find that regional parade schedule, I'll try to avoid routing us right through the middle of another parade on our next tour!

Old 08-17-2013, 07:15 PM
eagle65
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was up and getting ready to head to B-port for the trip to OH, when my wife said she wasn't feeling well. I knew it had to be true, because she would never miss a chance to visit Holl's Chocolates. Anyway, after resting much of the day, she's feeling somewhat better.

Maybe the next time. We know how much fun these MINI runs can be.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Missed you...

Originally Posted by eagle65
Was up and getting ready to head to B-port for the trip to OH, when my wife said she wasn't feeling well. I knew it had to be true, because she would never miss a chance to visit Holl's Chocolates. Anyway, after resting much of the day, she's feeling somewhat better.

Darn! Sure wish you could have come with us. Of all the cars I've owned from Corvettes to Porsches, I love my Mini. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive her.

We have a fall drive coming up in October to Canaan Valley. Be watching for details and hopefully you can make it. Hope your wife is feeling better!

Old 08-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Originally Posted by eagle65

Sorry that you could not make it, and I too hope that your wife is feeling better.

Keep an eye on the Country Roads Facebook page for upcoming events. We plan to post some activities soon.

Happy Trails!