Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

New meeting spot

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New meeting spot

I was pleasantly surprised today when Joyce and I stopped the Heston Farm Winery for a quick look at the facilities. Talk about a neat place. From the entrance to the log fire and tasting room to the dining room upstairs, this should be our next destination for a club meeting. Their menu looks really tasty and reasonable too. They even have a fire placed lounge room.

It located right off the Pleasant Valley exit in Fairmont. The road is very scenic and winds up and down for about two miles and is paved. Parking is ample for a bunch of Minis! Along with a good menu is their assortment of local wines and even whiskey made in the Scot-Irish made process.

I hope we can meet there in February sometime. They offer a nice meat and cheese platter too. Just a nice place to get together some Saturday afternoon. On Saturday evenings they feature local bands too. Something like the Purple Fiddle. So check out their web site: www.hestonfarm.com. I'm ready for spring already and ready to do some drives. So John, put your thinking cap on and come up with some cool places to go! Mini On!

Oh, they recommend reservations during their busy hours too.

Last edited by wvmtnbiker; 01-06-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: More info
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Okay! I see that Heston Farm is open at 9AM on Saturdays, and that there is a reasonable brunch menu. I'll call and confirm whether they are open for walk-ins Saturdays in February. Any interest in a drive with some geocaching?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Up for the trip

Absolutely to both. A little food and a little fun makes for a good day in my book.
Now that Twiggy is fixed, she has brand new socks and one kept going down so I thought I had picked a nail. Turns out the tire was not seated good enough on the rim. Remember this is any of you notice your tires going down in pressure. Seems these rims are very sensitive to rim cleanliness.
John: they were not too busy on Sunday for their buffet. We might be OK by doing a walk in visit.
Oh, for anyone interested, we are headed to Canaan and the Purple Fiddle on February 1st to hear Caravan of Thieves perform once again. A lively group that will keep you wanting more. We plan on staying overnight in Canaan proper that night.
Anyone needing any information can PM me for details. Most likely will take the Subaru due to weather conditions there.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Checking dates with my social advisor. Will have some dates in mind soon.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
February Heston Farm MeetUp

This is where we are so far with the February Heston Farm meet up:

Saturdays - Brunch at 9AM and drive/activity afterwards
Sundays - Buffet at ~1PM and drive/activity afterwards

My navigator and I are free February 2,3,9,16, and 17 (no sense scheduling when we cannot be there, huh? )

Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Meet up

If Feb 16th is a Saturday(don't have a calender handy) then that a is good date for Joyce and me.
Maybe something around noon and then off for a drive somewhere?
I'm ready to go already!

BTW: CRM members--John has hooked with this great guy who has some fabulous designs for our club's T-shirts etc. He sent some great ideas to John and I am excited.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Meeting date set

So here is our next meeting date: Feb 16th at 10:00 am at Heston Winery we will be discussing and looking at some really cool tee shirt designs with the CRM logos. These are some of the best I have seen and I think our club will really look good wearing them.
You can go to: hestonfarm.com for information and directions.

It's important that we have a good turnout b/c I would like everyone to give their opinions on which logo we go with.

See you there!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't make it. Lacrosse and hockey.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 AM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
So sorry

Originally Posted by BportLax
Can't make it. Lacrosse and hockey.
Jim: sorry you cannot make it. Of those who do come, we can just discuss some ideas w/o any hard decisions. I really want our core group to be in on this and I value everyone's opinions and ideas. I want it to be a collective decision. So we have time to wait. Hopefully it will be a nice weather day for some cheer and a short drive per our navigator John B. I knew this was going to be your busy time so we can hang a bit.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker
So here is our next meeting date: Feb 16th at 10:00 am at Heston Winery we will be discussing and looking at some really cool tee shirt designs with the CRM logos. These are some of the best I have seen and I think our club will really look good wearing them.
You can go to: hestonfarm.com for information and directions.

It's important that we have a good turnout b/c I would like everyone to give their opinions on which logo we go with.

See you there!
We plan to be there, and will bring the logos to examine, plus some nearby geocache coordinates for a drive.

Thinking of drives, how about a covered bridge drive sometime? There are lots scattered around the area. We could just load-up the Garmin and...

Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Covered bridges...

Seeking out some really cool covered bridges seems like a good thing to do, John.
Looking forward to the meeting and going over all the info you've gathered up so far.
Had Twiggy out this weekend for a romp or two and she performed up to standard as aways. She never disappoints me especially when she walked away from two BMW's with ease. It was only a chase for a moment until they gave up.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Looks as if the Tar Heels Club is booking rooms for the 2013 BRP Tour. Let's add a discussion of attending the tour to our "fireside" agenda on February 16th.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
BRP tour 2013

Originally Posted by Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
Looks as if the Tar Heels Club is booking rooms for the 2013 BRP Tour. Let's add a discussion of attending the tour to our "fireside" agenda on February 16th.
John: yes, let's talk about the upcoming BRP Tour. If you have literature on th tour, bring that too.
Our meeting time and date is still on unless we encounter some really nasty weather b/c the road into Heston Farm is really steep. If any changes need to occur, I'll post on here.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Weather

Be watching this post Friday evening for a final update due to possible bad weather. We may just get together for some social time and not do a drive.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
We're on...

Saturday, Feb 16th at Heston Farm Winery at 10:00 a.m.
Plans are to discuss the upcoming drive season for 2013. We hope to look over some of the logos for our club tee shirts etc.
It will be a day for socialization but b/c of poor weather, we won't be venturing on a drive just yet. But just wait b/c this year is going to be packed with some really cool drives.
Hope to see some of you there tomorrow.