Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

MINI Service in West Virginia?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Service in West Virginia?

Hi! I have family in Charleston, WV area that are going to buy my 2012 MINI Clubman. Their only reservation is the lack of a dealer anywhere near them. For the usual once a year maintenance, they can just have him serviced when they come for a visit to see me, but does anyone know of a shop that knows MINI in the Charleston/Huntington area in case they need a repair done closer to home?

Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Richmond, VA

Hey SCMountaineer!
I looked at Minis web site and there is a dealer in Richmond, VA. It looks like a straight shot from Charleston. Here in Fairmont, my local Mini dealer is in Pittsburgh.
I would mapquest the distance and see which is shorter. Too bad WV doesn't have any closer than these.

Why are you selling? I have an '05S and love it. I've had them all from BMW to Corvette to MB. This is a fun car to drive and yes, it really goes.

Best of luck with the dealer locations. Happy Holidays from Country Roads Minis!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
I love my car...had my parents not offered to buy him I would keep him a while longer. But I have an incurable case of new car fever, the symptoms of which are only treatable by a new set of wheels every 12 to 18 months. haha! I figure this way, at least he stays in the family. My parents will drive him til the wheels come off.
Was hoping Charleston might have an independent shop that was experienced with MINIs.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
eagle65
2nd Gear
I have my '11 CM serviced @ Crown MINI in Richmond. In fact, I've had all my MINIs (3) serviced there. Nice people, good service. They are just off I64 on the west side of town. Easy to get there.

In the summer, I received a note from a dealer in Charleston, that indicated they were pursuing a MINI dealership. If I can find the note, I'll post the info.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by eagle65
I have my '11 CM serviced @ Crown MINI in Richmond. In fact, I've had all my MINIs (3) serviced there. Nice people, good service. They are just off I64 on the west side of town. Easy to get there.

In the summer, I received a note from a dealer in Charleston, that indicated they were pursuing a MINI dealership. If I can find the note, I'll post the info.
thanks for the info! Would be great if someone in Charleston were to open a dealership. Are there any independent shops you know of that do MINI service?

Old 12-15-2012, 05:41 AM
eagle65
2nd Gear
Check Lester Raines, in the Charleston area. They claim they are selling MINIs, although not a dealership.So they should be able to service a MINI. Also, from previous posts and personal conversations I know that some folks go to Cincy and some to NC (Flow Mini?) for service. I will admit that driving a long way for service is a real pain, because it a day off from work. Although I have some nice twisties between my house and I64 to Richmond. Its something to look forward to, both when leaving and returning home. Good Luck in your search.