Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN) Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (C.O.R.N.) club forum.

MINI sightings in Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI sightings in Nebraska

If you are motoring the great state of Nebraska and sight a MINI that is from Nebraska or otherwise say... I don't know Hawaii. Post here and give the car and the owner some press.

Yesterday I met Feedback here in Minden of all places. He had his MINI shipped from the islands to drive to Maryland. He took part in MTTS and was just motoring the backroads. You can see some more information here.

Pete was funny when I asked him if it was a long drive. He said something to the effect of ...just got a real good running start before I left. (make hand motion as if jumping off a ramp)

Old 09-01-2006, 03:42 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Zyamfier
If you are motoring the great state of Nebraska and sight a MINI that is from Nebraska or otherwise say... I don't know Hawaii. Post here and give the car and the owner some press.

Yesterday I met Feedback here in Minden of all places. He had his MINI shipped from the islands to drive to Maryland. He took part in MTTS and was just motoring the backroads. You can see some more information here.

Pete was funny when I asked him if it was a long drive. He said something to the effect of ...just got a real good running start before I left. (make hand motion as if jumping off a ramp)
Only MINI owners would find it perfectly natural to be siiting in your car, in the middle of an empty parking lot, in the middle of the country, 3664 miles (5896 km) (3184 nautical miles) from home and have someone turn off the street, drive up to the car, get out walk over and introduce themself...

It was a pleasure to meet you.... if only you had some pull and could have gotten them to open the museum for a couple of hours.

I'm amazed at how far you have to travel for a dealer! Next time its your turn to drive!

Old 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Zyamfier
Twist my arm

I am retired military so a space available flight to Hawaii is not out of the question. However, I don't think Trogdor is much for air drops.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Zyamfier
On my way home from the Lincoln British Car Show. I was on I-80 headed West saw a white Classic on a trailer. And two MINIs one BRG and the next was PS/BK with bonnet stripes. I was pulling the Dragon Wagon today so if you missed me you were probably blinded.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Zyamfier
Spotted BRG

BRG/WH Cooper in Minden OCT 28th at the Casey's you were leaving I was going North on Hwy 10. If I am not mistaken your plates were from McCook, NE at least they were 48 county.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Zyamfier
GP1094 was stalked by the kernel Saturday night on West Dodge and 90th area. Came out after a great meal at Brazen Head and had to rub my eyes as a GP crossed my path on my way to Trogdor. That's good luck right?

Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Zyamfier
Had a chance to meet Don from Sutton on Sunday as he was out motoring and decided to stop by MINiDEN to see if I was around. He and his wife were just out for a good Sunday (top down) drive in Nebraska. Great to see both of you. Really liked the fact that we got the question....What kind of cars are those as we were having our MINI conversation.

Saw Susan from Overton on her way to work today BRG/vert (great smile)
Also, that silk green one in Kearney was all over the place today.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Jpolson
3rd Gear
I seen a GP around 90th and fort, I tried to catch up but my mail truck was to sloooow, For a second I thought about trowing out the dead weight in the truck , but only for a second . my luck there would a a postal inspector behind me .

Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in Bellevue/Omaha this last weekend. On Sunday I spotted a PS/B MCS in the Northrop-Grumman parking lot, then on Monday it was in a different spot with a blue MINI parked nearby.
I went by Markel, what a great dealership! Visually stunning, well laid out, and the people were extremely nice.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Zyamfier
Originally Posted by Agro
I was in Bellevue/Omaha this last weekend. On Sunday I spotted a PS/B MCS in the Northrop-Grumman parking lot, then on Monday it was in a different spot with a blue MINI parked nearby.
I went by Markel, what a great dealership! Visually stunning, well laid out, and the people were extremely nice.
Good to see you got a bit of a MINI fix while you were here. Glad you got a chance to stop by and see the "BLACK BOX" at least thats what I call it now. MINI always gives you something good in a black box.
Agro, you are always welcome in CORN country. I am seriously thinking Vegas next year. So if I don't see you at Thanksgiving or Christmas maybe then.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Parker51
Neutral
Originally Posted by Agro
There's also a red-and-white Cooper in the same lot. Sometimes they get base visitors (Mini's are more common at Offutt, particularly among officers) and then there's 4 or 5 on the lot.

I agree that the new dealership is nice, for many reasons (a shorter drive is certainly one of them). Service writer "Kim" has been nothing but polite and helpful.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM
rvan220
2nd Gear
I saw a classic.....It was beautiful.....It was a Red/white roof, with meatball stickers that I think had #45 on it. And it was a right hand drive. it didn't look like it had plates on it but rather euro plates in yellow. I saw it on "O" Street in Lincoln near 66th Street at about 12:15 on Tuesday the 4th. There was a older gentleman driving it. I really wanted to follow it but I was going the wrong way. But It was awesome looking. Anybody know whos classic that is?

Old 09-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Jpolson
3rd Gear
Sweet, i assume not very many classics in Nebraska

Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Mr. Cooper
1st Gear
I see a few MGB's and classic MINI's roll up here just to check things out.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Zyamfier
Stopped at the dealer today after karting. Talked to some great people from South Dakota that got caught by the MINI virus and before they knew it were leaving with a new Cooper for their daughter.
I think she was happy....Judge for yourself

Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Sithor
2nd Gear
Boy that Oxygen Blue looks different under that light, however I kind of wish it had that hue to it.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Desert_Sand
6th Gear
Even though both of us are technically from Iowa, I played tagged with a lowered, Pepper White MCS on the 480 bridge and then onto 75 North...turned left on to Sorenson Parkway.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Zyamfier
Lets see.....
Yesterday, gave up my spot at Village Pointe to a BRG/Checker roof (you're welcome) Then on the way home two of the Red Bull MINIs East of Lincoln Headed toward Omaha. Further down I-80 a LY/Vert headed East as well. Finally, a CB/WH headed East. Great to see that many MINIs on I-80.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
ryansoxfan
2nd Gear
those red bull minis are crazy! i saw one last week on campus and i didn't know what to think. it was kinda cool but kinda sad that they did that to a mini.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 AM
JMike
3rd Gear
It's not in Nebraska, but I just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it (it was the only time I didn't have my camera with me) but got to see a MINI with a surf board mounted on the roof. That was a sight with the board being longer than the car.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
R35P3CT DA M1N1
4th Gear
Red Bull Minis

i was glad i had my phone with me the other day in Lincoln.
it was parked in someone's driveway, so i got out and took a pic.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:15 PM
rosmakloma
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw one in Omaha as well.

Last edited by rosmakloma; 10-20-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
2xMini
6th Gear
Lol, saw one (or more) of those a few times when leaving work, scuttling down 13th by the Qwest center. I actually even waved a couple of times.

Btw, a semi-sad meeting of almost twins a week ago. Had my car in for an oil leak, and Mike the SA thought he had double vision, as he had just took in another hot orange/blue top cabrio. I walked up to the repair shop to talk to the mechanic, and almost ended up in the wrong bay... I corrected myself as soon as I saw that (a) the other car didn't have 5k miles of dirt on it and (b)had nicer wheels at the very least.

So a quick wave to what must be about the only other one like mine in town (there's also a black topped S, I know).

Old 10-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Zyamfier
That HO/blue combo is rare! unless you are in Denver where that is somewhat of a Bronco fan color combo. Still like it a lot.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:46 PM
2xMini
6th Gear
Lol, I'll keep that in mind if I decide to sell. I must say, I was not very fond of the combo at first, I was torn between this one and a brg mcs. I really, really wanted a cabrio though, and as much as it pained me, I chose this one. The colors are growing on me though, and the wife really loves it... makes for a good conversation starter with strangers anyways.

Daniel

Quick Reply: MINI sightings in Nebraska