Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Simple question... boot light wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Simple question... boot light wiring

Our progress on the Classic has been great, and I need to start a thread on it, but here is a quick question... the car didn't have a license plate light, and we are trying to add one. We have the chrome light fixture, the two clear lenses with the little copper arms that come out to hold the bulbs, and the bulbs. But what we cannot figure out is how they get wired up? Does something attach to the copper arms that hold the bulbs? Thank you for your hints and help.

It's little things that are tripping us up.. things that people would know if they had the parts already on the car, or if they had worked on Minis before, but things that the books don't bother to show.

I'm also trying to figure out which badge fits on our boot lid... it has three holes, the middle one is higher than the two ends, and they are 5" from left to right. I'm assuming that is a badge, but none of the badge sellers show the backs of the badges, to show where the screws go.

Last edited by JoanieB; 11-27-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add photos
Old 11-27-2014, 07:50 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We've figured out that the wiring must push on to the copper arms at the back, with one of those connectors.... can someone show us how the wiring is done? We have a single wire in the boot that seems to be in the right position to go up into the boot lid, how does it go from one single wire to four connectors?

Old 11-28-2014, 09:31 AM
mk1leg
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi..where is your leads fron inside Boot (trunk) there are connections by petrol (gas) tank 1 red live feed, 1 black earth return both female bullet sockets with rubber shroud, this goes through hole in bottom edge of lid with gromet then up behind stifner and out then through boot skin then you will need to take a red to each lamp and a Black to each lamp