Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Wilwood Racing Pedal Kit installed pix

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:34 AM
kenru
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wilwood Racing Pedal Kit installed pix

Does anyone have pictures of their installation of a Wilwood Racing Pedal Kit from superfastmini? I have the MTB2 Package and I am in the early stages of the build. The instructions are sparse, at best, and it would be very helpful to see some pictures. I know I need to cut the shelf to fit the pedal bracket. Seeing others would be helpful before I start hacking metal. There is also a support bracket supplied with no mention of how it is fit.

Thanks, Ken

Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full build here but here are some picts... my build is a bit different but knowing what used to be there you should have to cut anything. The support bracket basically attatches to the bolts where the old masters used to be and then it attatches to where the steering wheel mounts.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ini-build.html

Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
kenru
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very nice looking build! Thanks for posting the pictures. I appears you have taken all of the tray out and the pedal box is hanging by the old brake & clutch master mounting holes alone. (I wonder if you’ll experience any flex when the brakes are hit hard?) As is, my tray is solid across the width of the car. My roll bar/cage will be delivered Tuesday. Maybe I’ll wait a bit to see if I’ll need to remove my tray too and use the cross-bar for the steering support.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correct but Ive since welded a plate onto the cross bar and secured it that way. This was a pre mounting pict. My build is a bit different being I took the stock cross bar out and replaced it. In my case fabrication is always necessary to make things work. You may have to do the same thing depending on how true the cage is and if there is a crossbar on it or not...

Looks like your on the right track though.