Chicago MINI Driving Group Discussion forum for the Chicago MINI Driving Group.

New Chicago Area NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
m050120
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Suppose to be here mid to late August (ordered June 29th and told 6-8 weeks). It's sitting on the dock in Southampton, UK
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Mellow Yellow with a black top and black C-pillar (it's a Clubman) Probably going to have white bonnet stripes added when we pick it up.
What options did you get on your MINI? Comfort convenience, cold weather, leather MFS, automatic transmission, chrome door mirror caps, center arm rest, and smartphone integration
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Everything my wife will let me get away with, or I can do without her noticing
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New from Patrick MINI
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? we're calling it a quarter life crisis. I've been driving a gray toyota camry. It was time for a little fun
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Live in Roger's Park, work in Waukegan. It's a yellow clubman, I shouldn't be that hard to pick out of a crowd.
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Anything. We love to go over to Michigan and tour the wineries, think that could be fun this fall with a group.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Dice-gal
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?7/1/09
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Mellow Yellow/Black Roof
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Manual/premium/cold weather/sport
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? No Major Mods
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Motor City Mini, New
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Had an 04' PW/B got rid of in 07' and missed my Mini soooooo much it was time to get another!
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Naperville/Schaumburg/Chicago..from Indiana but visit Illinois quite a bit
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) weeknight events, food rides, weekend and overnight events. Went to my first little outing last week and had a nice time!!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
natoreus
Neutral
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 8/28/2009 It was my bday present to myself(not my actual bday though)
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? pather green with white roof
  • What options did you get on your MINI? standard??
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? yes
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Wanted a fun car to drive
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Rogers Park(live)/Itasca(work)
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) all the above??

Old 09-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Astro Black S
1st Gear
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? It's my wife's car actually, acquired Dec 2006
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Astro Black
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Mini S, cold weather, chrome line interior, chrome exterior, premium package, sports package
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? not much but do have some rims
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Knauz in Lake Bluff, NEW
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Fun and fuel efficient. We love them and like British cars because we used to live in England.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Lake Forest
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) used to do a lot of track days but not in the mini, might attend some car shows, rallys, fun drives.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
37hotrod
1st Gear
When: Aug. 17, 2009
What Color: Mellow Yellow - Black Roof, C-Pillars, Bonnet Stripes
Options: Justaclubman, sport seats, 6-speed trans. and NOTHING else.
Mods: planning some black wheels in the future
Where: New, Patrick MINI
Why: Cash for Clunkers - had to send the Jeep Cherokee off to slaughter.
What Part of Town: Downers Grove & O'Hare Airport
What Events: Driving events,and meeting other MINI owners

Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 AM
KalJer
1st Gear
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
May 2009
WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Laser Blue with White Roof, Mirrors, and Stripes
What options did you get on your MINI?
  • Anthracite Headliner
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Sport Package
  • Limited Slip Differential
  • Sports Leather Steering Wheel
  • Convenience Package
  • Premium Package
  • Sport Suspension
  • Color Line Pacific Blue
  • Satellite Radio Preparation
  • White Turn-Signal Lights
  • Interior Surface Brushed Alloy
  • Front Fog Lamps
  • Mini Hi-Fi Sound System
  • CD Changer Preparation
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
Probably, although I'm not sure what yet...aside from hardwiring my Valentine 1 and Remote Display
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
Used, from a non-mini dealer
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
Because it's like driving a fun, fuel efficient go cart
WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
I live in the northern suburbs, work downtown, and travel all over the Chicagoland area weekly...your guess is as good as mine
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
I'd like to be involved in all types of events from GTGs/meets to track days and everything in between.

In addition to my 9-5 job, I also run Supercar Saturdays, a monthly "Cars and Coffee" type informal meet that takes place at The Glen in Glenview, IL on the first Saturday of every month.
We had 180 cars ranging from Lamborghinis to 70's muscle cars at our September event and I'd love to see more Minis out at the last event of the season on October 2nd. To RSVP for preferred parking or see pictures of previous events, check out http://www.supercarsaturdays.com

I'll also be doing a track day at Autobahn on October 24th through Hooked on Driving. It's my first track day so I am super excited. If anyone is interested in joining us shoot me a PM as I still have some coupon codes!