Chicago MINI Driving Group Discussion forum for the Chicago MINI Driving Group.

New Chicago Area NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Chunkstyle
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? July,2008
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Astro Black, roof & all
What options did you get on your MINI? Wheels, cold weather (love those heated seats
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Someday
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New, Bill Jacobs
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Because I loved the look and style. I needed a new car, test drove a mini, bought the car I test drove right after I got out
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Suburbs, Elgin area & NW suburbs mostly, plus anywhere the car takes me
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Anything fun and Mini related

Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 AM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chunk we're in Bartlett so you'll likely see our 2 cars for sure. Both JB/B her plates no crome mine dsc off

Old 01-27-2009, 12:01 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Hello and Welcome Chuck, our next event is at Your Dealer, here's the details, https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ys-2009-a.html

Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM
diplo
2nd Gear
Hey guys, been on NAM awhile, dont post much but watev

-2007 MCS CR/B bought new at KNAUZ
-lots of options
-Manual trans, Lounge leather (worth every penny), sunroof(ehhh).
-17in crown spokes
-MODS (goals)- hope to maybe get a coilover (probably vmaxx). Maybe joey mod and a touch of blacking out (maybe)
-LOCATION- i live in arlington heights, but am in Des Plains, Mt. Prospect, Elk Grove, all over the NW.
-EVENTS- id like to take it to Road America, if i can scrounge some cheap wheels/tires, and brake pads.

Hope to see you guys around, winter seems to be a slow time for minis, but summer is just around the corner.

By the way, do people wave anymore to fellow mini owners? seems i have been left hanging on numerous occasions. Sometimes i just do a little flash of the brights to say high.

Last edited by diplo; 01-28-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:21 AM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
Hi and welcome you may see me from time to time and I almost always wave/flash brights there are a decent number of non-aware enthusiasts around I've talked to a few mini owners that didn't wave because they thought the people thought they were someone else.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:36 AM
MiniFooh
Neutral
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? October '07
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? PW/W (HOT!!!!!)
What options did you get on your MINI? cold weather
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? I'm such a newbie but a true gearhead at heart...who knows.
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New @ BJ
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? b/c they rock, drive hard play hard, right?
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? FAR S/SW suburbs - Plano to Oakbrook...lookout!
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Really interested in some driving events - never done them, but I'm game this year!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Kimbo80
4th Gear
Chicagoland Noobie

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? February 7th
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Pure Silver
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Premium, Cold Weather, Step, Bluetooth,
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Still trying to figure out all the functions
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New at BJ
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Handling, gas mileage
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Northern Burbs
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Food Rides, Weekend Event, Tech Talks

Old 02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
THEMightyMini
2nd Gear
welcome MiniFooh and Kimbo! Looking forward to warm weather again!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 AM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
Welcome!

Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 AM
hefro
3rd Gear
I need to post here to support this group, even through I am no longer in Chicagoland. Besides, this club's events are the best I have ever been a part of (beats the pants off the Mass club so far!)

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? June 2007
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? BRG/BRG
What options did you get on your MINI? JCW Engine/Exhaust, MFS, Auto AC, Cold, Tan/Black Leather Interior, R95 Wheels, HK Sound, Backup sensors (sweet for getting in real tight places)
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Oh yes. Suspension, brakes, whatever the wife will let me do
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? Private sale. Guy in Detroit. Had 8,500 miles on it at the time. Selling it for a lot less than it was worth
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Was OBSESSED with them from the first drive back in 2004
WHAT part of town WERE you seen in? Schaumburg, and wherever the Mini club was driving at the time
WHAT types of events were you likely to be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) All. Great club. Miss you all

Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
bigsoup52
6th Gear
Hi,

I live in Madison, WI, but visit friends in Chicago, (I'm a huge CUBS fan).
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? January 2, 2009
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? 2006 R50 BRG with Silver roof & Mirror Caps
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Premium, Navigation, AUX input with Garmin AutoFlexTune IPOD hookup, HK stereo, Bluetooth. new Pirelli 3000E all-season tires on 7-spoke alloy rims, (they match the silver top).
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Maybe, still trying to figure out everything
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used at Fitchburg BMW - Madison
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Handling, gas mileage, the overall MINI driving thrill
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Wrigley-ville
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) CUBS games

Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
izzyj
1st Gear
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? April 12th 2008
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Lighting Blue
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Cooper S sports package, Winter Package, Sunroof/moonroof, premium, xenon lights
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Hopefully
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New - Bill Jacobs
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Loved seeing the cars, test drove and that was that.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Aurora
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Open to everything

Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 PM
sgreenie88
1st Gear
hallo!!!!

• chili red
  • stock/stick
  • already have, new exhaust,header and intake...soon to be more
  • new international auto, west allis, wi
  • I'm a tiny person and i wanted a car to fit me!
  • Chicago
  • I want to know more events! and get more involoved

Old 04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
o5PepperWhite
1st Gear
New here

Hey whats up? My names Mike. 20 years old and i own a 05 Pepper White Mini.

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? I GOT IT 4 MONTHS AGO!!
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? PEPPER WHITE NUKKA!
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? YEA I WILL
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? USED. BILL JACOBS NAPERVILLE
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I LOVE THE BODY STYLE OF THEM
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? I CURRENTLY LIVE IN AURORA. BUT MINI STAYS IN LOMBARD
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) OH I AM DOWN FOR ANY EVENTS. WANT TO MEET OTHER MINI DRIVERS!!

I AM CURRENTLY MODDING MY CAR RIGHT NOW. ALL I HAVE RIGHT NOW IS NEW BULBS ALL AROUND,DEBAGGED. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SMOKING OUT HEAD LIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS. I WILL BE POSTING PICTURES SOON!!!

HAPPY TO BE PART OF THE MINI FAMILY NOW

Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 PM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
welcome o5PepperWhite we'll see you around my mom has a house in Lombard and we are in Bartlett and frequent the st chuck, geneva, aurora fox river corridor

Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
o5PepperWhite
1st Gear
nice i use to live in st.chuck.. and i visit my mother in wayne all the time.. im always around fox valley mall.. and all around therr..

Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 AM
FreeFromDezire
1st Gear
Hey guys, I live close to Dustin, but have been quiet on the forums (too many other things going on )

WHEN did you get your MINI? Got my 02 MC in Feb 05 with 15K on the clock (been 4 years, damn )
WHAT color is your MINI? IB/W
What options did you get on your MINI? came with Premium, Sport and Cold (love the white wheels)
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI? Yup: Megan Racing exhaust, Alfa Otto cold air intake, TSW Damper, h&r 19mm rsb
WHERE did you get your MINI? used at Bill Jacobs
WHY did you get a MINI? Previous BMW 325 was totaled by a 7 series and one test drive sold me with the MINI's awesome braking and handling, plus it's made by BMW, sold.
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Lake County, highways into Chicago
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? driving, social, etc, all

Recent photo of Nisha in the hills of south-western Wisconsin

Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 PM
BluePalasky
1st Gear
New MCC Owner

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? June 6, 2009
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? HzB/Blk
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Prem, Cold Weather, Bluetooth and USB/iPod
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? I plan on getting black rims in the future
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? Patrick Mini
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Always wanted one, but the MC was not practical without a usable back seat
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? St Charles/Oak Brook
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Some local events.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 AM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
Welcome you'll see me and the Mrs around St chuck we live in Bartlett.
My tags are DSC OFF hers NO CROME

Attached Thumbnails New Chicago Area NAM members, please post HERE!-ours.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
BluePalasky
1st Gear
AllBlack05S, thanks and I will make sure to wave. My black rims and black sport stipes are on the list to purchase as soon as possible. Any of the local clubs gather in St. Chuck ever?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
b.radfrends
Neutral
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? I'll take delivery JULY 18th!
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Nightfire Red/Black
What options did you get on your MINI? Automatic trans., all packages, all chrome, driving lamps, xenon headlamps, front and rear fog, white turn signals, Bonnet and Boot stripes (Black with metallic dark silver outline), Nav system, HiFi sound, anthracite headliner, piano black interior, JCW sport gauges (engine temp and G-force), and Italia Grille Badge
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Probably not . . . the only mod I am certified to handle is replacing the stock antenna with the ALTA stubby!
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? KNAUZ all the way! Brand new, baby!
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? What else would I get?
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? I live in Bridgeport but work in Naperville.
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? I'm thinking I will have to set sail on some of these drives! I am a card carrying member of the Chicago MINI Motoring Club after all!

Can't wait!

-B.rad

Last edited by b.radfrends; 06-23-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:16 AM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BluePalasky
AllBlack05S, thanks and I will make sure to wave. My black rims and black sport stipes are on the list to purchase as soon as possible. Any of the local clubs gather in St. Chuck ever?
I'm an admin on a local Euro forum and try to get weekly meets going if I can but haven't lately due to the bucketloads of rain on fridays. We float them around the western and northern burbs. I do occasional cruises as well. and we've been know to tag along on cmmc drives. most of the current members are off at college so the turnout is usually low LOL

illinoiseuro.com

Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM
andy1939
Neutral
1-Picked up"HUGO" on Feb 16, 2009
2-Red with white roof, racing stripes and mirror caps
3-Options include Cold Weather, Automatic Transmission, Park distance control,Comfort Bluetooth and USB/iPOD
4-No mods
5-New from Knauz Motors
6-Moved downtown from Lake Forest and found that the "Land Yachts" from the suburbs don't make very good city cars. Also wanted something more fun to drive!
7-Loop, Lincoln Park and on the back roads from Chicago to Southwest Wisconsin on my fly fishing trips. Great trip even if you don't fish!
8-Weekend and overnight drives and food seem like good things

Last edited by andy1939; 07-02-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:49 PM
MiniAE
Neutral
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 05/09
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? IB/W
What options did you get on your MINI? Navi, bun warmers, etc...
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Started with ignition upgrade, waiting for CAI
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used from Schaumburg Lincoln/Mercury
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I've owned cars with great handling and this one was next in line...
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Schaumburg area
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, autocross, weekend and overnight events, track days, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Any events where I can meet fellow MINI owners...

Old 07-16-2009, 08:18 AM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Hello MiniAE, Welcome to the family. Hope to see you soon and if you need any help I'm sure you'll find it on NAM and with CMDG.

Quick Reply: New Chicago Area NAM members, please post HERE!