Marketplace - Archive Old Marketplace threads and posts (Read-only). Please use appropriate Marketplace forum for new posts.

FS: NewMiniStuff Hands Free Sony Ericsson Phone Kit With Nav/Radio Display

Old 08-28-2005, 04:22 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: NewMiniStuff Hands Free Sony Ericsson Phone Kit With Nav/Radio Display

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone would have an interest in purchasing my NewMiniStuff Sony Ericsson Hands Free Phone Kit? This is the AWESOME hands free phone kit that was put together by MikeyTheMini over at NewMiniStuff and recently reviewed by me over on MotoringFile:

Integrated Aftermarket Bluetooth

This hands free phone kit fully integrates with the MINI's factory navigation display (or with the factory radio display if you don't have nav in your MINI) and is 100% plug-n-play. You don't have to cut a single wire in your MINI in order to install the kit. The kit works great and it's super cool having your phone's address book, caller ID, etc. displayed on your MINI's nav screen (or radio display) and be fully controllable via the phone buttons integrated in your MINI's MFSW. All phone calls are routed through the MINI's factory radio so your calls sound great!

The kit is currently setup for use with a Sony Ericsson T610/T616 GSM phone, but it can be used with many other Sony Ericsson phones as well by simply changing the phone holder (e.g. T610, T616, T630, T637, T230, Z600, T68i, T300, P800, P900, etc. - i.e. all but the newest SE phones). For more information, check out the comments section in my MotoringFile review and take a look on Mikey's web site here:

Phone Hands Free Kits - Fully integrated phone kit with radio/nav phonebook display

I'm selling the kit because it will not work with my new mobile phone. The kit is basically brand spanking new (used for under 500 miles in my MINI) and it works flawlessly.

The kit sells for way over $400 new, but I'm willing to let it go for a lot less. Just make me a fair offer and it's yours. I'll even install it for free if you're located in the So Cal area.

BTW, I'm also selling the phone that I was using with the kit as well. It's a brand new fully unlocked and unbranded Sony Ericsson T610/T616 phone that has been upgraded to use the much brighter and clearer LCD screen from the T630/T637. The phone is a tri-band 900/1800/1900 GSM camera phone that will work with most carriers (in the U.S. & U.K.) such as Cingular, AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, etc. It has many extras with it including three different color aluminum covers (silver, red, or blue), USB data cable, 12 volt car charger, terminator dongle (for upgrading/changing the phone's firmware), etc. I'll through in the phone for an extra $100 if you buy the hands free kit. I paid well over $200 for the phone and all of the upgrades/accessories just a couple of months ago. Here are links to the phone on Sony Ericsson's web site:

T610 / T616

T630 / T637

If you're interested, send me a PM or post a reply message here with your questions.

Thanks!

EDIT: 08/29/2005:

Here are some pics (of the kit and the phone I'm selling):

Note that the kit will work in any JAN 05 or later built MINI that has the phone buttons integrated into its MFSW (note that Mike's web site says FEB 05, but JAN 05 is actually the correct date - as that's what my own MINI is).

The phone kit consists of a Sony Ericsson HCA-20 Advanced Car Handsfree system, Connects2 "black box" controller (this is what works the magic on integrating the HCA-20 with the MINI's MFSW phone buttons/nav/radio), Mikey's plug-n-play interface for hooking the kit into your MINI, Sony Ericsson HCH-33 Car Holder (specific for the T610/T616/T618), and a Sony Ericsson HCC-30 System Cable. Everything is fully assembled/connected and all you have to do is plug it into the back of your MINI's radio.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:15 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
BTW, here are a few more shots of the kit for you:

Mikey's MINI interface kit with the Connects2 "black box" controller (minus the Sony Ericsson HCA-20 handsfree phone kit):

Address book on radio display (for non-nav equipped MINIs):

Mic mounted in the MINI (it's a 100% plug-n-play install for the mic as well - no cutting, taping, or gluing involved. Mounts to the headliner using a very small Velcro pad):

Old 08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
nyricanintx58
3rd Gear
question?

Will this kit work on an 2005 MCC with production year 10/04? And what kind of price are you looking for in the kit? I have the GPS nav system in my MINI.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Hi nyricanintx58,

The phone kit will work with your nav equipped MINI, but it was really designed to work with MINI's that have the extra phone buttons on their Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) like this:

Since MINI/BMW didn't start producing cars with these on them until Jan 2005, your October 2004 built 2005 MINI doesn't have the extra phone buttons. Thus, you'd be missing out on part of the functionality of the kit. Without those phone buttons, you'd have to always answer and place calls, etc. using your MINI's nav screen interface instead. It will work just fine, but it's not near as nice as using the extra phone buttons on the MFSW to control the kit.

If you're still interested, just let me know and we'll work on a price. Also, if you're located in the So Cal area, I'd be more than happy to setup a time for you to come by and have a look at the kit (as it's currently still installed in my MINI at the moment eventhough I'm not using it).

Old 08-30-2005, 11:53 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Here's a good question that I received from a user about the phone kit that might be of interest (I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here ):

Hi,

Is it still available? I am very interested. But just some questions, can I use my bluetooth phone and have it connected to the headunit or do I connect the phone through wires? Let me know. thanks.
Yes, the phone kit is indeed still available.

Alas, I'm afraid that this particular kit is NOT a Bluetooth-type kit. Instead, it's a cradle-type kit that is specific for Sony Ericsson phones. Basically, the phone sits in a cradle (or holder) which is in turn hard wired into the kit. Thus, there's no Bluetooth communication involved.

The reason that I choose the cradle-type kit over the Bluetooth-type kit is because that's currently the ONLY way to get the phone's address book, caller ID, etc. to display on the MINI's nav screen or radio display.

MikeyTheMini does offer a few Bluetooth-type kits that are 100% plug-n-play with the MINI, but as I mentioned, none of them will give you the nav/radio display. Here's a direct link to some of the kits on Mikey's NewMiniStuff web site:

https://www.newministuff.com/new/sho...roducts&cat=10

More specifically... If your MINI doesn't have the phone buttons on the Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW), then check out these Bluetooth kits:

Phone hands free kit for Mini - Parrot 3000 Bluetooth

Phone hands free kit for Mini - Parrot 3100 bluetooth

Phone hands free kit for Mini - Nokia ck7w Bluetooth

Or this one if you already have your own phone kit:

Phone interface (plug & play)

If your MINI is a Jan 2005 (or later) build with the extra phone buttons on the MFSW, then these are the only Bluetooth kits available for it at the moment:

Bluetooth integration to new 3 spoke wheel with phone buttons (Parrot)

Bluetooth integration for new 3 spoke wheel with phone buttons (Nokia)

Mikey is currently working on an interface for his Parrot CK-3100 Bluetooth kit (and the Parrot 3000 Evo kit as well ) that will make it work with the extra phone buttons on the MINI's MFSW (still no nav/radio display though), but it's still a ways off I believe.

Lastly, if you have a Sony Ericsson or Nokia phone and want the nav/radio display, then Mikey's cradle-type (i.e. non-Bluetooth) kit is the only option available at the moment. Again, here's my kit listed on Mikey's web site:

Fully integrated phone kit with radio/nav phonebook display

As you can see, Mikey's asking £225.00 + £14.00 shipping for the kit (or roughly $450 USD). I'd be willing to let mine go for $325 with the hybrid T610/T630 phone or $250 without it (plus say $15 to cover shipping). If you're local to So Cal, I'll even install it in your MINI for free.

I hope this helps some...

Old 09-05-2005, 12:05 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Bump...

Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just curious---was highly intrigued by this until I got to the end of your first post. Will this work with 2003 models? I know you lose some functionality due to now phone buttons, but just curious. Sounds like a great deal for somebody!!

Old 09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Hi Richard,

If your 2003 MINI has nav, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work. However, as I mentioned previously, the kit is designed to work with the new phone buttons on the MFSW that were introduced in Jan 05 and later model MINI's. Without those extra phone buttons, you'd have to control the phone kit via the nav screen controls and using voice commands. It's doable for sure, but wouldn't take full advantage of the kit.

-- MIKE

Old 09-06-2005, 01:49 AM
OctaneGuy
Thanks Mike! Wow great deal! You mention voice commands--it recognizes voice commands? Guess I should look for your review on Gabes site. =)

Richard

Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
Hi Richard,

If your 2003 MINI has nav, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work. However, as I mentioned previously, the kit is designed to work with the new phone buttons on the MFSW that were introduced in Jan 05 and later model MINI's. Without those extra phone buttons, you'd have to control the phone kit via the nav screen controls and using voice commands. It's doable for sure, but wouldn't take full advantage of the kit.

-- MIKE

Old 09-06-2005, 09:13 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Thanks Mike! Wow great deal! You mention voice commands--it recognizes voice commands? Guess I should look for your review on Gabes site. =)

Richard
Yes, it is indeed a great deal! BTW, I'm still taking backup offers as I haven't yet heard back from the pending buyer. If that offer happens to fall through, it will be right back up for sale.

As for the voice commands... They only apply to working with the phone and not the nav system. The Sony Ericsson phone kit (that's part of this phone kit for the MINI) fully supports using voice commands for answering incomming calls, redialing the last number dialed, activating the phone for out going calls, and dialing Contacts in your phone's address book.

For example... If you've added a "magic word" voice command into your Sony Ericsson phone, you simply speak the magic word in order to activate the phone's voice dialing feature. After hearing a short conformation beep sound from the car kit, you then say the Contact's name plus "home", "work", or "mobile" in order to dial that particulair number for the Contact.

It works great. Although, I still prefer to use the phone buttons on the MFSW and then walk through the Top 8 call list, the address book, or the recently called and missed calls list as I feel kind of silly talking to my phone.

I really hate getting rid of the kit since it works so well and is so nicely integrated with the MINI (heck the phone kit even charges the phone for you when you are driving and so you never have to charge it at night, etc.). Unfortunately, it just won't support my new phone and so I don't have a choice I'm afraid.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 AM
OctaneGuy
I read your review---looks great. My main phone/wireless data is a TMobile Sidekick and it works well in my MINI (not blue tooth). I've just always felt that not having an integrated phone with my Nav was a bummer, but like you, in the other direction, I'd have to use a different phone to make this all worthwhile.

Keep us up to date on the sale.

Richard

Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
Yes, it is indeed a great deal! BTW, I'm still taking backup offers as I haven't yet heard back from the pending buyer. If that offer happens to fall through, it will be right back up for sale.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Central Coast Coopers
4th Gear
me next

put me in line if your first deal falls through. and yes, you WILL have to help install and teach me to work it-im a complete zero in this area but i lookin to learn.:smile:

Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Originally Posted by stage1scott
put me in line if your first deal falls through. and yes, you WILL have to help install and teach me to work it-im a complete zero in this area but i lookin to learn.:smile:
Hi Scott,

The phone kit is yours if you want it as I've yet to hear back from the first guy. Just send me a PM and we'll work out the details. I'd be more than happy to install it for you and show you how it works. You're going to love it!

-- MIKE

Old 09-07-2005, 07:26 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
SOLD!