Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

MINI club of Pennsylvania

Old 09-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Oilman930
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI club of Pennsylvania

There isn't one yet,but there will be soon.I'm starting this thread to find out what kind of interest there is in starting a Pennsylvania Mini club.I'm looking for suggestions,ideas about what kind of Mini club,mini owners want.I know that a lot of people don't have their Mini's yet,(I don't)but it doesn't matter,if you have someting to say,write it out.I have already spoken to a few people about forming a group,and so far most people seem interested.Let's Motor.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:46 PM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Out of curiosity, Oilman, which part of PA are you in?

I would be interested in a PA mini club. I've never been in a car club before, though, so I have little actual idea what to say I would like out of it.

Since MOTORING is the main point about these vehicles, that should be an integral part of the club! Ya know, kind of like guys and their motorcycles - they just get together to RIDE! I like to think that MINI owners should start a similar trend!

P&W Motors in Pittsburgh here has been doing a lot of MINI "reunions" which seem cool. Over the past few months they've arranged four. They are outings really - one big caravan of MINIs going to the same place. My schedule has prevented me from making any of the first 3, but I'm going to the next one later this month.

Anyhow, things like that interest me. Picking an event or outing and getting a caravan together to go and enjoy it!

Old 10-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Verruckt
4th Gear
I'm in the Pocconos, and there are some of the best motorcycling roads in the east around here. I'll have my MCS in a week or so, and I doubt I'll be disappointed in my assumption that they are some of the best MOTORING roads in the east, too!

So, in a nutshell, yeah, I'd be into a PennMINI club!

Old 10-16-2002, 09:42 AM
sdmidget
4th Gear
I'm in Lancaster County - several people on the MINI2 site are talking about a PA Club as well.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Mini2Go
Where are all the rest of us? Especially those over here in Western PA? We may need to send some missionaries onto MINI2 to start converting!

Old 10-24-2002, 12:06 PM
Mini2Go
Hmmm... Fellow PAer's, does this mean no one is interested? Hard to believe in my opinion.

Oilman? Haven't heard anything back from you either?

I feel like I'm in the Arby's commercial where everyone has disappeared from the streets.

Old 10-24-2002, 10:12 PM
merlin
1st Gear
No PA just needs to get to know the Mini. Being a Brit I jumped at the chance to order my new Mini (which I am waiting for). I have owned 3 in the past (all MarkII) - oh the stories I could tell. As for a club it gets the thumbs up from me!!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Oilman930
3rd Gear
Hi all. Sorry if anyone fells like they have been left out in the cold as far as the club goes.The club is going to be based in Bucks County,but will be open to all Mini's state wide.For those of you in the Western part of the state who don't want to drive to eastern Pennsylvania,there is a classis Mini club out there now.I will try to find out who runs that group,and see how receptive they are to having new Mini's join.A club introduction letter is being put together,and I will send it out to the e-mail list I have so far of New Mini owners.If you are interested in joining,let me know and I will send you a letter.

Old 11-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Verruckt
4th Gear
Oilman: that's great to hear! Send me a letter, and be sure to post here!

Oh, and I was right... Eastern PA DOES have some kick-@ss motoring roads.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:51 AM
chrishauck10
1st Gear
Oilman,

Hey what's up? The PA Mini Club sounds great. I live outside Philly and would love to join any sort of Mini group/club. It sounds like a great idea and Mini owners would greatly benefit from this. I would love to get together a rally in the springtime and or have a forum to get info out on gatherings or shows in the PA area. I'm actually from Lancaster, but moved to the Philly area a few years ago. I spend my weekends in the Lanco area and attend a show in Rothsville called "the Taste of Britain" Polo match and British car show held every August on the Lancaster Polo Grounds. I seem to see more new Mini's in the Lancaster area than I do here in Montgomery County which is hard to believe w/ a third dealership (Otto's BMW) about to get cars in. I took delivery of my 2002 Mini Cooper in June and would love to hear of any happenings for us new Mini owners.

Later,
Chris Hauck

Old 11-27-2002, 08:06 AM
merlin
1st Gear
Same here. I live in Montgomery County too but sadly don't have my Mini yet. Still waiting for my order number. Maybe we should have a Mini orders club for those of us still waiting for our new arrivals.

Having been a member of a Mini club before in England I think its a great idea to have one of our own in PA.

Merlin

The Mini Matt Project - 2003 Mini, all options, Aero Kit and upgrade wheels - British Racing Green with White Roof and Checkerboard decal.

Old 11-28-2002, 08:21 PM
sdmidget
4th Gear
>>Oilman,
>>
>>Hey what's up? The PA Mini Club sounds great. I live outside Philly and would love to join any sort of Mini group/club. It sounds like a great idea and Mini owners would greatly benefit from this. I would love to get together a rally in the springtime and or have a forum to get info out on gatherings or shows in the PA area. I'm actually from Lancaster, but moved to the Philly area a few years ago. I spend my weekends in the Lanco area and attend a show in Rothsville called "the Taste of Britain" Polo match and British car show held every August on the Lancaster Polo Grounds. I seem to see more new Mini's in the Lancaster area than I do here in Montgomery County which is hard to believe w/ a third dealership (Otto's BMW) about to get cars in. I took delivery of my 2002 Mini Cooper in June and would love to hear of any happenings for us new Mini owners.
>>
>>Later,
>>Chris Hauck

Hello Chris!

If you spend time in Lancaster, you may have seen my BRG/White Cooper [RSD MINI] around town. I also work at the TOB every August (MG Midget owner and member of the LANCO MG CLub as well].

The Mid-Atlantic MINI Enthusiasts Group (on yahoo) just had a "run" through Lancaster and Berks County last Saturday. 18 (or 19?) MINIs terrorizing the Amish !
A great time.

Steve Dellinger

Old 12-12-2002, 05:32 AM
aa3jy
2nd Gear
Add my name to your proposed Mini Club of Pa. list..thanx..Clay in Kimberton,Pa.

Old 12-23-2002, 09:36 AM
wgb113
1st Gear
I've got a June '03 delivery but would be interested in a PA club. I'm in Downingtown, PA.

Cheers!
Bill

Old 12-29-2002, 05:19 AM
Fprodget
1st Gear
Add me to the list. John H in Lancaster, PA. I will be autocrossing in SCCA-Susq region this year.

Old 12-29-2002, 06:09 PM
randolphmenefee
Neutral
I'm in. Harrisburg, PA.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Ravenwhyte
2nd Gear

Please add my name to the list, I am in Quakertown, Bucks Co.

Todd

Old 01-06-2003, 05:29 PM
docdesi
1st Gear
Rick in Montgomery County too(Dresher)....i have seen one or two MINIs on Old York Road and such..but no one ever waves back.....show some support people :smile: Count me in too

Old 01-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Rick,

I live in Glenside Montgomery CO. My Mini will be here in about a month and a half. I will be more than happy to participate in some events once the car arrives (and my schedule allows). I see a BRG, electric blue and a Indi Blue zooming around my parts. Any of them you?

PS: I'll wave at you from my Mini don't you worry!

Old 01-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Diane1
Neutral
I'm in Mechanicsburg (about 8 mi from Harrisburg). I would be interested in joining! I've never belonged to a club either but would like to get together with other owners for runs.
Pepper White/Black MC, 5-stars, cordoba

Old 01-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Mini2Go
Diane1: Welcome to MCO!!

Although I'm not sure where things stand for the Eastern PA club that Oilman seems to be leading, we have begun moving full steam ahead for the Western PA, Eastern Ohio, and Northern West Vigninia club (...based in Pittsburgh)!

Again, welcome!

Old 01-09-2003, 08:01 PM
JFEINSTEIN
3rd Gear
I would be interested in getting involved with the Mini Club.
I'm in the Jenkintown area, near Philadelphia. MCS should be arriving in the next week, I hope.

The waiting is brutal.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:20 AM
Zanc
Neutral
I am interested in the Mini Club for PA, I'm in Philadelphia, South Philly.
Let me know what is happening in your club, I am very interested.

Old 02-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Oilman930
3rd Gear
Hi everybody.I club I was trying to get going was going to be inconjuction with a group of classis Mini owners in Bucks county.Introduction letters were suppose to be sent out months ago,but I haven't heard anything from them in ages.If I can't get them off the stick,looks like I am going to have to get this Mini club going on my own.Well,maybe not on my own.There are a lot more people here with cars now,and I bet I can find people to help me organize this effort.

I think we(I) should start planning for a meeting,get together,call it what you want and get the Pennsylvania Mini Drivers in one place so everyody can meet each other.So,we need a place,a time,and hopefully good weather.

Watch this space for more details

Steven

Old 03-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Daytona955i
4th Gear
I'm in the Levittown/Langhorne area and I would be interested in a club of some sort. I don't know what we should do exactly, maybe do some autox events and more general rides on regular roads. I'm usually busy on the weekends but I would love to participate in a ride somewhere.... Valley Forge is nice.

I think it would be really cool to get together with some classic MINI owners some weekend for a drive. Perhaps some of the classic owners could give us a little history lesson on our favorite cars.
-Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MINI club of Pennsylvania