1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings

Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 AM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
Greetings

Hi all,

Been lurking as a guest since we purchased my wife's R56 MCS 3 years back. It is the best/worst car we have owned. Tons of fun to drive and character in spades but it provides it's share of headaches with issues with the timing chain guide, water pump, hatch switch, turbo oil supply-line, sunroof cassette, and oil consumption.

Thank you to everyone who makes NAM a great resource, this car would have cost us twice as much by now if not for the shared knowledge here.

I'm coming out of the shadows because we are once again in the market for a Mini and I wanted to see what everyone here thought of our potential next car.

My DD was a Golf TDI until VW got caught and I was more or less forced to replace it. I picked up a Fiat 500 Abarth as a cheap and fun replacement and now we find ourselves lacking passenger space.

My wife has had her eyes on the Paceman for the last 18 months and we are currently watching a fully loaded JCW patiently waiting for the dirty diesel money to hit the checking before pulling the trigger.

I'm going to poke around the R61 sub-forum and maybe post details of the deal we are considering, but wanted to say hello and thank you since I finally registered here.

Cheers,
Ando

Old 01-17-2017, 11:11 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Hello,

And good luck on the JCW paceman. That's a rare model and most I have found are still pretty high above 20K. If you need a little more room the CM will offer more and you have better selection. But if you want a rare MINI the Paceman is it.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-17-2017, 11:37 AM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
RE: CM vs PM

Its rarity is actually a big plus for us. In the richer parts of the metro you can't throw a stone without hitting a CM. When we visited our studio to drive the two back to back the salesman lead with "The CM is our most popular car!" and my wife and I both audibly groaned. =P

Additionally it might have been either my sub-conscious or the particular CM we drove but the PM drives like a car and the CM drives like a boat. Are there suspension differences between the two? Our salesman was a little green so I didn't trust his answer.

We will use the back seats maybe 5% of the time, so the extra two doors is in no way worth the trade-off of rarity and good looks.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:46 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Sounds like you are going for the PM On rarity it's near the top. Yea the PM feels smaller when you drive it and the large side doors make it easy to get in/ out of. Other then the RR Evoque there is nothing close to it in platform.

Hope you can find the JCW, most have the black with red pipping, Championship Red interior. Some you can find in the rare lounge red copper.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
Wow, that is spectacular, I had no idea that option existed! Our particular potential JCW is black leather / red piping which I am thrilled with as an upgrade over the leatherette in our hardtop.

I found a Bronze exterior / toffee leather interior Clubman for sale once but the wife hates wagons so I'll have to wait until kids come along to force her hand. This reminds me very much of that car.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Yea, i have only seen it in a few.

Here is one with the CR interior but the Lounge red copper door, even more rare.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ceman-jcw.html

Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 PM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
Hah! Rare that may be, pretty it is not.

There's another unique Paceman All4 near us with the cool multi-color plaid textile. (Bleh, screen grab got a bit rough, sorry)

I had been lead to believe this wasn't an option for the PM. Exterior is grey with bright orange mirrors. It's a pretty cool set-up but I can't think about any others while that JCW is out there.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:09 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Good luck on your quest! Keep us posted!
This "IS" the place to come for Mini Cooper Period!

Old 01-23-2017, 11:23 AM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
Picked up our 15' Paceman JCW on Saturday. $27,500 for a fully loaded PM-JCW and two sets of JCW rims for seasonal swaps. Love it so far.

Feels like we paid too much but I'm glad we didn't let it slip through our fingers. I've driven it around town for maybe 30 mins and it definitely gets more looks than my goofy little 500 Abarth.

Now we have to prep the MCS for sale, sad day. =[

Old 01-26-2017, 01:44 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Pictures? Would like to see it. Those seats above, I have seen them in about a couple PM, they are very rare. Its like a Classic Mini seat design on the pattern from back in the 60's.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:25 PM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
I cheated and stole some shots from the Honda posting. Poor thing's already covered in road salt and wont look this pretty again until spring. Don't mind the lazy eye, that was the first thing fixed once it entered our garage.

Based on the "Chili Red" accents it has been named Pepper (Potts). (The R56 is "Margo the Mini" so we needed to continue our alliterative name theme.)

We picked up some nasty JCW Countryman rims on Craigslist for winter use that will get cleaned up this spring.

I was a VW fanboy before my wife pushed me into Minis so those seats remind me of a more colorful version of the GTI plaid seats, love em.

Eventually I'll get a photo of the whole family, it looks hilariously large parked next to the MCS and 500 Abarth.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Congrats as that is awesome. Paceman is rare enough, but a JCW makes it even more rare.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 01-29-2017, 06:03 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Great looking JCW!
I still struggle with the size they are, but it sure does look cool!

Old 02-10-2017, 01:46 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by MiniAndo
I cheated and stole some shots from the Honda posting. Poor thing's already covered in road salt and wont look this pretty again until spring. Don't mind the lazy eye, that was the first thing fixed once it entered our garage.

Based on the "Chili Red" accents it has been named Pepper (Potts). (The R56 is "Margo the Mini" so we needed to continue our alliterative name theme.)

We picked up some nasty JCW Countryman rims on Craigslist for winter use that will get cleaned up this spring.

I was a VW fanboy before my wife pushed me into Minis so those seats remind me of a more colorful version of the GTI plaid seats, love em.

Eventually I'll get a photo of the whole family, it looks hilariously large parked next to the MCS and 500 Abarth.
That looks pretty nice, great color combo.

Search this Thread