1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Has Made My Year

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 02:58 PM
CCutshaw
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Has Made My Year

Last year I bought a brand new '14 Justa and was so thrilled to have a new car and a new job in a new city. That is where the problem started. We won't discuss the job issues here but the car problems started 6 weeks after it bought it. Battery died for no reason other than leaving the lights on for a couple hours. Lights were in auto mode, not sure how that happened.

Then a couple months later a short in the fuel modulator was found and instead of checking it out, the technician reloaded the software and it cleared up. WOW what a shocker!!

A few more months pass and I started it up one morning and it sounded like the valves were tapping on the valve cover and made the worst noise I have NEVER heard. I really had second thoughts about driving it anymore. After a week of checking they sent the audio file to the engineers AT Mini USA. They came back with change the High Pressure Fuel Pump. But the part wasn't going to be in for 2.5 months. Luckily the part came in 4 weeks and I took it home again.

The next day I turned it over and the sound was still there only it wasn't so loud this time and went away after it warmed up. Decided to keep my car so I could drive it a little before going back into the shop, AGAIN. Had the car 3 weeks and was driving home and I hit the gas and the whole car turned off for 3-4 secs. Off she went the next day back to the shop.

Another week and another audio to the engineers and they come back with internal engine failure. I am absolutely crushed. Third call to Mini USA and a very nice lady named Jamie, who had been following my issue all the way through, put in a buy back request. After a waiting period of about a week they approved it. In 24 hours the dealership had me look at all the cars on their lot and any other I wanted to look across the U.S. I found the perfect car on their lot and upgraded to a 2015 MCS.

In retrospect my car was in the shop a total of 4 months of the 12 months I owned it. I got a new Mini the same exact day I got the old one, only one year later.

This was one of my most frustrating car years ever. But Mini USA has finished this tragic event with a happy ending. Not many companies would do this without having to go through a whole bunch of hoops. After the word was yes it was 24 hours and done. I am so happy that I am involved with and own a Mini.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Things happen for a reason! Is the Newest MINI exactly what you wanted?

Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM
CCutshaw
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it pretty much was what I originally wanted but had refrained from getting the first time. I was moving and had two weeks to get my stuff together and didn't have a whole lot of time to be picky. So it did work out pretty well.

You always wish you don't have to go through the pain to get to the results but it doesn't always work out that way.