1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New from Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 09:22 AM
madcanvis
3rd Gear
Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
New from Massachusetts

First off let me say thanks to all of those who've posted on the forum- tips, tricks, what to look for, etc.

This was an invaluable resource when looking for the MCS that I could enjoy for a long time to come.

With that...tomorrow I'm heading off to VT to pick up my 2005 MCS- classic white on red and manual transmission. It's a long drive that I made to go take it for a spin and inspect and boy was it worth it!!! Can't wait to go pick it up tomorrow.
Only 72k miles, chronos package, Mini roof rails, leather, heated seats, mini mats (including boot), tool kit, 2 OEM keys, and wait for it...original window sticker from when it was on the lot in 2004/5. Great service records kept. Paint is gorgeous.
New from Massachusetts-red-mini.jpg

The only flaw is that the scoop is ever so slightly faded in color compared to the rest of the pain. Oh and it's a private sale so I would need to detail the interior to get the crap in the nooks and crannys but otherwise flawless.

Now to find some fog lights for the front bumper

Old 04-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
congrats! seems like you found a keeper!

Old 04-21-2015, 06:01 PM
TimL
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome from Lowell!
Stay tuned for area events as the weather improves.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:34 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome and Congrats The Chrono pack tends to be a rare option, but I like it.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 04-22-2015, 05:06 AM
Geronimo77
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome!
I'm not too far off in CT.
Nice looking Mini you have there

Old 04-22-2015, 05:29 AM
MINIPartsMass
Former Vendor
Welcome to NAM! This forum as you know if full of a wealth of information. Use it to your advantage! Consensus here(at MINIPartsMass) is that the R53 is the best "S" made so far, so great pick! If you need any OEM parts feel free to contact us. We are located right in Peabody!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:49 AM
M7Speed
Former Vendor
Welcome and enjoy your MINI!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 AM
malsalah
2nd Gear
Congrats...Looks Awesome....Welcome

Old 04-22-2015, 08:48 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Congratulations on the buy! If you're a DIY person, we have a great amount of DIY Tech Articles for your projects that you can check out. Otherwise, enjoy and welcome!

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-22-2015, 10:38 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Welcome!!
I loved mine with a chrono pack...figured when I ordered it new 10+ years back it would age better than a NAV....
Where in Mass?
I found that for many non diy repairs, Greasysgarage out in Worcester was a great place...they know gen1 cars VERY well....the owner has had a few over the years, and is involved in the mini scene, sponsoring stuff at MOT (MINI'S ON TOP) an (mostly) social event where SEVERAL HUNDREND mini owners concentrate at the base of mount Washington than drive up the auto road with a weekend long party/events at a local resort every spring ...great shop to use.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:45 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Welcome to the MINIacs!

Motor on!

Old 04-25-2015, 02:38 PM
Stinch
3rd Gear
Congratulations! The air scoop on my 2004 car has also changed to a different shade of red. How was the trip back home?

Old 04-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Ishihara
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on your purchase and pickup! A first drive back to MA from VT sounds like a great time, if you got to hit the back roads over the hills and not 89/93...

Old 05-20-2015, 08:46 AM
madcanvis
3rd Gear
Thanks all for the well wishes and welcoming.

It's been a month and very happy!!
Two super cool things happened on my first commute into work:
1) the 1st side street off my road, what pulls out in front of me!!! An R53!! Sweet!!
2) Got a wave from a twin R53 CR/W on my way home in the center of town!!

I'm a "waver" now.

Originally Posted by Ishihara
congrats on your purchase and pickup! A first drive back to MA from VT sounds like a great time, if you got to hit the back roads over the hills and not 89/93...
Ishihara: 10:30 at night in the rain on Rt 89, I got pulled into "Cat and Mouse" with 2 giant Tractor Trailers. It was wicked nerve racking seeing as tho this was my first trip owning the car.

Originally Posted by TimL
Welcome from Lowell!
Stay tuned for area events as the weather improves.
TimL: I think its time to get in with a Motoring Group. Any suggestions?

I'm a DIY and how I've managed to keep my 2000 Toyota 4Runner going for 216,000 and still loving it so I'll definitely be tuning into the tech sections.

Thanks again!!! -MD

Old 05-20-2015, 08:49 AM
madcanvis
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Stinch
Congratulations! The air scoop on my 2004 car has also changed to a different shade of red. How was the trip back home?
Stinch: I just hopped over to the CROC thread and requested #978. This is all a lot of fun!!!

Old 05-20-2015, 08:55 AM
madcanvis
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
Welcome!!
I loved mine with a chrono pack...figured when I ordered it new 10+ years back it would age better than a NAV....
Where in Mass?
I found that for many non diy repairs, Greasysgarage out in Worcester was a great place...they know gen1 cars VERY well....the owner has had a few over the years, and is involved in the mini scene, sponsoring stuff at MOT (MINI'S ON TOP) an (mostly) social event where SEVERAL HUNDREND mini owners concentrate at the base of mount Washington than drive up the auto road with a weekend long party/events at a local resort every spring ...great shop to use.
ZippyNH: Sorry I missed this post. I should subscribe to my threads. The PO ordered it w/ Chrono, the red doors and dash, and chrome trim. The interior just seems like a classic!!! I cant imagine how he felt when it got delivered originally because I fricken' love it!!
Im just SW of Lowell. Worcester is kind of far but if they're good- they're good. Now anything about the place in Winchester? Maybe need to take this offline/PM.
The MOT sounds awesome!! I'm cracking the NH 48 4000 footers and am up there frequently (currently at 28 of 48). When does that happen? Links?

Old 05-20-2015, 08:58 AM
madcanvis
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
Welcome!!
I loved mine with a chrono pack...
LOVED- past tense...gotcha...sold for TDI. Good luck and enjoy the new ride.
And thanks for the leads.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:51 PM
TimL
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by madcanvis
Im just SW of Lowell. Worcester is kind of far but if they're good- they're good.
I strongly second Zippy's recommendation of Greasy's Garage in Worcester. I'm in Lowell and Greasy's is my go-to shop for MINI stuff. In fact, I just had my MINI in there last week for a (long overdue) SC pulley reduction, new crank pulley, SC service, and a few other odds and ends. They're only open Mon-Fri, so it requires some advanced planning and/or alternate transportation, but I find it worthwhile.

Originally Posted by madcanvis
TimL: I think its time to get in with a Motoring Group. Any suggestions?
Getting MINI folks together -- at least in this neck of the woods -- can be a bit like herding cats.

We used to have regular summer Wednesday night gatherings at Heritage Farm. Last year the event got taken over by a larger, rowdier crowd of 4x4 enthusiasts and the MINI folks decided to "take the show on the road" and explore some alternate locations. (I was taking classes on Wednesday nights last summer, so was mostly out of the loop.) We did meet up with some of the MINI Takes the States folks at Kimball Farm (Westford) last year.

Panaphobic was doing a lot of event coordinating -- you can send him a PM here or contact him through the somewhat dormant Boston MINIs Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Boston.MINIs).

I know there will be a good crowd heading up to MINIs On Top again this year, coming up in a few weeks. A bit later in the summer is a MINI event at Monadnock Berries in Troy, NH. A crew usually heads up. Looks like that will be August 1 this year (http://monadnockberries.com/events). Panaphobic also coordinates a fall foliage run in NH in October -- details for that event are usually posted on Boston MINIs or at http://www.massmotoringclub.com/.

When in doubt float a meet-up idea here or at Mass Motoring and I'm sure you can get a handful of folks who would be interested.

Motor on!