1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MINI owner & new to NAMotoring!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:21 PM
NYMADMINI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MINI owner & new to NAMotoring!

Hello all...just wanted to introduce myself...

I've been on many forums before but just bought my first MINI this past summer (2014) - a 2006 Mini Cooper S Checkmate Edition (6 spd) w/42K original miles & no mods. Having been in the automotive aftermarket for 25+ years I only waited a few months before jumping in head first! To date my mods are as follows: WMW 17% pulley w/belt, ATI Super Damper Crank Pulley, 'Screamin' Demon' Ignition, Kingsborne Red Plug Wires, NGK Plugs (colder), DDM Works CAI, DDM Works Intercooler Diverter, DDM Works Red Silicone Air Intake Tube, DDM Works Red Silicone Intercooler Boots, Smoked Mini Side Scuttle lights, Black Honeycomb Hood & Bumper Grilles, MINI OEM Cabrio Cross Braces (Blue), Cravenspeed Helix Short Shifter, Cravenspeed Front & Rear Tow Hooks (Red), WMW Supercharger Belt Damper Bushings, Powerflex Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings, Autometer Ultra-Lite 20psi boost gauge in Cravenspeed gauge cup w/Cravenspeed Z bracket, Milltek non-res Exhaust, StopTech Stage 2 brake upgrade w/slotted rotors, painted stock calipers (red), MINI JCW Shorty Antennae, Outmotoring Blackout Beltline, Outmotoring Gloss Black Headlight Surround, Outmotoring Gloss Black Taillight surround, Outmotoring Gloss Black Door Handles covers, All factory OEM Mini Trim painted 'Hyper Blue' to match (no black trim here!), Outmotoring tinted front and rear corner marker covers, WMW 5mm hubcentic wheel spacers, A-Spec 17x7 Black Mesh Wheels, Bridgestone Driveguard 205/45/17's, Llumar 35% window tint, GROM iPod integration kit for factory H/K Stereo w/Bluetooth, and COMING SOON (parts on hand) RMW 450cc injectors and RMW Custom Tune @ Helix Motorsports on 4/2/15 (can't wait! )

Now, I've had my fair share of maintenance issues with this car and all have been addressed including; new oil filter housing, new coolant bypass valve, new oil pressure sending unit, new knock sensor, full supercharger service with oil change, had compression issues so did a full Victor Reinz Head gasket and O-ring kit, stock head fully cleaned and machined w/new exhaust valves, stems, & seals, new thermostat w/housing, and a few other things...Mobil 1 Ow30 every 3,000 miles (now has 49K) and about to do plasti-dip on the side scuttles and gas cap cover in black along with KONI FSD's on stock springs (can't lower the car here in NY - too much trouble (been there w/other cars)), H-Sport Front and Rear sway bars, and possibly a methanol spray kit for the intercooler (looking at Howerton Engineering)

Despite all the non-elective work I had to put into this car (a bit more than I bargained for on a 42k original mile, 1-owner female owned (1st owner) adult car I absolutely love the car! Handles like a slot car and not the fastest car I've ever owned but ever since installing all the go-fast mods over the winter I've been short-shifting the car and never building more than 7lbs of boost as I'm waiting for the injectors and RMW tune next week. I get compliments on this car EVERYWHERE I go, it sounds great and I hope to not only enjoy the performance that this car should have (I'm hoping for around 210whp after the tune) but to see some better MPG's too as they have seriously declined from stock since I installed all the bolt-on mods. Looking forward to participating in rallies, drives, etc. (I live on Long Island in New York so please let me know where I can hear about any get-togethers, drives, etc.) and belong to the LIEC (Long Island Exotics Club) which does regular weekend drives, cruises, events, and charity events too. Open to any advice, comments, etc. - I'm sure some of the first will be to upgrade the headers and cat along with an RMW or JCW head and cam but those items (after all I've put into the car) at this point are just too costly right now. I've been checking out this site for the past week or so and have read a lot. Looking forward to becoming part of the community! THANKS!

Last edited by NYMADMINI; 03-25-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:13 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Welcome to the MINIacs!

Very nice looking motor.

If you want to tag along with a MINI group check out the Carlisle MINI at "Meet Up" http://www.meetup.com/CarlisleMINI/

Motor on!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:19 AM
americo11
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow That is some list of mods? Congratz on the car and welcome! Beautiful car enjoy.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:30 AM
NYMADMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JABowders
Welcome to the MINIacs!

Very nice looking motor.

If you want to tag along with a MINI group check out the Carlisle MINI at "Meet Up" http://www.meetup.com/CarlisleMINI/

Motor on!
Thanks very much! I clicked on your link and the Carlisle meet up is in Tenessee! A bit far for me; was looking for meetups in NY, NJ, CT, or PA. Are there ever any in those states?

Old 03-26-2015, 05:32 AM
NYMADMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by americo11
Wow That is some list of mods? Congratz on the car and welcome! Beautiful car enjoy.
It's a long list of mods for sure but when I bought the car (which I did on the cheap!) I budgeted accordingly for modding the car the way I'd want. My previous car was totaled last July in a flood so I used the insurance proceeds to buy the car and mod it. Literally counting down the days (7) until I'm at Helix for the injectors to be installed and have a custom dyno tune from Jan at RMW!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Welcome, look good with the painted wheel arches. Don't see that to much anymore.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-28-2015, 03:28 AM
NYMADMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome, look good with the painted wheel arches. Don't see that to much anymore.
Thanks! Did the wheel arches, side skirts, and front and rear bumpers all to match. Car just looks smoother with matching paint all around IMHO. Was going to do color-matched wheel centers but loved the black ones I got and with all the blackout work done and to be done it seemed a good fit. I am very familiar with ECS Tuning back from my days in the aftermarket biz as I was a big Audi/VW/Porsche guy many years ago. You guys have a great outfit!

Old 03-30-2015, 05:51 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Originally Posted by NYMADMINI
Thanks! Did the wheel arches, side skirts, and front and rear bumpers all to match. Car just looks smoother with matching paint all around IMHO. Was going to do color-matched wheel centers but loved the black ones I got and with all the blackout work done and to be done it seemed a good fit. I am very familiar with ECS Tuning back from my days in the aftermarket biz as I was a big Audi/VW/Porsche guy many years ago. You guys have a great outfit!

Nice, looks very clean.

Thanks we appreciate it.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hello all...just wanted to introduce myself...

I've been on many forums before but just bought my first MINI this past summer (2014) - a 2006 Mini Cooper S Checkmate Edition (6 spd) w/42K original miles & no mods. Having been in the automotive aftermarket for 25+ years I only waited a few months before jumping in head first! To date my mods are as follows: WMW 17% pulley w/belt, ATI Super Damper Crank Pulley, 'Screamin' Demon' Ignition, Kingsborne Red Plug Wires, NGK Plugs (colder), DDM Works CAI, DDM Works Intercooler Diverter, DDM Works Red Silicone Air Intake Tube, DDM Works Red Silicone Intercooler Boots, Smoked Mini Side Scuttle lights, Black Honeycomb Hood & Bumper Grilles, MINI OEM Cabrio Cross Braces (Blue), Cravenspeed Helix Short Shifter, Cravenspeed Front & Rear Tow Hooks (Red), WMW Supercharger Belt Damper Bushings, Powerflex Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings, Autometer Ultra-Lite 20psi boost gauge in Cravenspeed gauge cup w/Cravenspeed Z bracket, Milltek non-res Exhaust, StopTech Stage 2 brake upgrade w/slotted rotors, painted stock calipers (red), MINI JCW Shorty Antennae, Outmotoring Blackout Beltline, Outmotoring Gloss Black Headlight Surround, Outmotoring Gloss Black Taillight surround, Outmotoring Gloss Black Door Handles covers, All factory OEM Mini Trim painted 'Hyper Blue' to match (no black trim here!), Outmotoring tinted front and rear corner marker covers, WMW 5mm hubcentic wheel spacers, A-Spec 17x7 Black Mesh Wheels, Bridgestone Driveguard 205/45/17's, Llumar 35% window tint, GROM iPod integration kit for factory H/K Stereo w/Bluetooth, and COMING SOON (parts on hand) RMW 450cc injectors and RMW Custom Tune @ Helix Motorsports on 4/2/15 (can't wait! )
Hello and welcome! We look forward to seeing you here on Saturday!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:48 AM
NYMADMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Helix13mini
Hello and welcome! We look forward to seeing you here on Saturday!
Actually my appointment is for tomorrow (Thursday) so I'll be seeing you all bright and early! Driving from NY...

Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Actually my appointment is for tomorrow (Thursday) so I'll be seeing you all bright and early! Driving from NY...