1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member from NJ!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Anaphor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member from NJ!

Hi everyone! Thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself

I'm a (soon to be) proud owner of a Metallic White Silver F56 Cooper! According to WW tracking it was unloaded from the ship today, not sure when it will depart the VDC to the dealer

In the meantime though, nice to meet everyone!

Old 08-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Spatizzle
1st Gear
Welcome! Where in Jersey are you located? I just joined today and am in the market to buy a Mini. Maybe I'll see you around :D

Old 08-16-2014, 11:09 AM
pjsjr13
4th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Welcome to both of you! I'm in central NJ also..

Old 08-16-2014, 11:43 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Same here. I haven't seen a single F56 in the area yet so this should be exciting. And don't forget -- official membership to the club requires pics :D

Old 08-16-2014, 12:00 PM
pjsjr13
4th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I live a few minutes from Mini of Monmouth. I've seen 2 in the wild so far.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Anaphor
Hi everyone! Thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself

I'm a (soon to be) proud owner of a Metallic White Silver F56 Cooper! According to WW tracking it was unloaded from the ship today, not sure when it will depart the VDC to the dealer

In the meantime though, nice to meet everyone!
Welcome! Look for some MINI clubs in your area and join them on some club runs/events. I can't recommend that enough. Some clubs are listed right here on NAM. It is a complete blast motoring with other like-minded MINIacs. Motor on!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Anaphor
1st Gear
Thank you so much everyone! I'm from central-ish NJ btw.

I actually purchased my car from Mini of Monmouth, pjsjr13!

I'll make sure to get involved with some clubs!

And don't worry DrewN, I will definitely be posting pics ASAP

Old 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Thank you so much everyone! I'm from central-ish NJ btw.

I actually purchased my car from Mini of Monmouth, pjsjr13!

I'll make sure to get involved with some clubs!

And don't worry DrewN, I will definitely be posting pics ASAP

Since you live in NJ, try to see if you can make it down to the annual (world renowned) MINIs on the Dragon (MOTD) event held each May that attracts MINI (and Mini) "pilots" from across the country and sometimes even from abroad. You're sure to be absolutely blown away by the number of MINIs that show up for the week long event (not to mention all of the epic runs and daily events). There are a LOT of folks who make MOTD their annual "pilgrimage". Alternatively, if you can't spare a week or just need another turn on the Dragon, try and make it down to the annual MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon (MSSD) event held each October, hosted by the Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club. There are a host of other large regional events held throughout the year in your neck of the woods, and across the country, that are amazing, most of which are advertised in NAM. One thing you'll quickly find your MINI came standard with: Friends. Motor on, Anaphor, and keep the rubber side down!

Old 08-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Anaphor
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Cary Cooper
Since you live in NJ, try to see if you can make it down to the annual (world renowned) MINIs on the Dragon (MOTD) event held each May that attracts MINI (and Mini) "pilots" from across the country and sometimes even from abroad. You're sure to be absolutely blown away by the number of MINIs that show up for the week long event (not to mention all of the epic runs and daily events). There are a LOT of folks who make MOTD their annual "pilgrimage". Alternatively, if you can't spare a week or just need another turn on the Dragon, try and make it down to the annual MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon (MSSD) event held each October, hosted by the Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club. There are a host of other large regional events held throughout the year in your neck of the woods, and across the country, that are amazing, most of which are advertised in NAM. One thing you'll quickly find your MINI came standard with: Friends. Motor on, Anaphor, and keep the rubber side down!
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be looking into both of these events. Providing I have my MINI by October I might try to attend MSSD

Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be looking into both of these events. Providing I have my MINI by October I might try to attend MSSD
If you're thinking this year at MSSD (which would be extremely cool if your MINI arrived in time) go to tarheelminis.org and check out the info posted in the forum about the event (national and regional events link). I understand the Fontana Resort is already booked (but you can check availability anyway) so if you're thinking you might want to attend I would try and reserve a room somewhere close SOON... Like now... If your MINI doesn't come you can always cancel. On the THMMC website, register yourself in the club and then you can post your questions about where you might be able to find a room, and how to register for the event - folks will point you in the right direction. For MOTD, you need to start planning now (because of it's popularity folks start reserving rooms MONTHS in advance). Check the NAM pages to see if there's info yet about MOTD 2015 (I'd be surprised if there wasn't). That would be pretty doggone cool having your first event on the Dragon! Even if you miss MSSD this year, though, no worries! there's a bunch of other regional fall colors events around the same time on some great roads. Really hope to see you at MSSD! Cheers