1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Sweden!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:15 AM
nize
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Sweden!

Hey guys, old lurker here who hasn't posted much. Here is my pearl on the day after i purchased it back in 2011. Imported from Germany, hence the import plates. It still looks pretty much the same except right now it's on winter wheels since I live in Sweden. I only have iPhone pics right now so sorry about that. I will try to snap some decent pictures this summer together with my mates mean looking black JCW Clubman.

It's a special edition Mini Cooper D with JCW skirts, suspension and interior. It's made by a styling company in Germany which bought five of these straight off the manufacturing line and custom made them. It's #3 of five and has "Limited Edition"-badge inside it with the number. Pretty neat

It only has the Wave sound system from factory, so I have upgraded it with a 6.5" Infinity Reference kit in the back and a 6.5" Focal kit in the front. I also have a Kicker 4-channel amp in the false floor of the trunk which currently is only feeding the fronts but will also feed a 10" Hertz woofer later this spring when I get around to it.

Further mods on my agenda:

- Alta Stubby antenna, currently ordered from Lohen
- Alcantara steering wheel (anyone got one for sale? )
- Engine mapping
- Black headlights from the Coupe

Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 AM
nize
1st Gear
Some new pics shot over easter holiday, still iPhone pics though since I didn't have my main camera with me.

Hope you like them!

Hello from Sweden!-x58ahth.jpg
Hello from Sweden!-yrzmbz4.jpg
Hello from Sweden!-er8ewsl.jpg
Hello from Sweden!-0sarfkk.jpg

Last edited by nize; 04-22-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Inline images
Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 AM
nize
1st Gear
I also got the new antenna on there, a lot better don't you think?

Last edited by nize; 04-22-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Nabon
Neutral
Hello from across the border! Nice to see some more scandinavian minis in here!

Clean looking Mini and keep them pictures coming. Any more modding plans?

Greetings from the middle of Norway.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice to have you with us, nize. Don't be a stranger. Thanks for the pics of your great looking MINI. Happy motoring and please promote the MINI wave there in Sweden.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:34 PM
nize
1st Gear
Thanks guys!

Nabon: No big plans, just some small stuff. I've ordered some LED lights for the fog's and the number plate. Thinking of blacking out some stuff also, I've got a can of Plastidip at home. The beltline would be the first to get blacked out if I decide to do it. I won't do the light surrounds, I think that looks kinda stupid with the black eyeliner on a white car and the chrome reflector. You have any ideas for me?

Mr. T: Thanks mate! I'll do my best I always salute my fellow Mini-drivers whenever I meet one. Sadly I hardly ever get a wave back... But I'll keep waving Your convertible looks great as well!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nize
Nabon: No big plans, just some small stuff. I've ordered some LED lights for the fog's and the number plate. Thinking of blacking out some stuff also, I've got a can of Plastidip at home. The beltline would be the first to get blacked out if I decide to do it. I won't do the light surrounds, I think that looks kinda stupid with the black eyeliner on a white car and the chrome reflector. You have any ideas for me?
You're going to love the LEDs.

Originally Posted by nize
Mr. T: Thanks mate! I'll do my best I always salute my fellow Mini-drivers whenever I meet one. Sadly I hardly ever get a wave back... But I'll keep waving Your convertible looks great as well!
Thanks for your positive comments on BUSTER. I have a few mods planned for this summer. Pic to follow. Also, thanks for encouraging the MINI wave. If you consider yourself a true MINIac, and you're devoted to saving the MINI wave, please consider joining The League of Extraordinary MINIacs.

You can become a member here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...y-miniacs.html

If you are a Facebook user, you can join us here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404114396479123/

No big commitment, except your oath to help us in our endeavor to save the wave!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 AM
nize
1st Gear
I've had LED's in other cars but hesitated when I read about canbus problems on the Mini. But now there's loads of problem-free LED's available so I went for it. I have no doubts that I will indeed love them

There we go, joined the FB group, added the badge to my sig and will proclaim the oath in the thread in a minute or so

Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Welcome, nize.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice looking MINI! As far as the antenna, what, you don't like the "Toy Story" remote control car look? I get it, I just put a billet aluminum stubby antenna on my JCW and plasti dipped the tip and base red, left the shaft black.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:51 AM
nize
1st Gear
Hehe, bumper car look ftw, right? No, that had to go, plus my original antenna was pretty beat up as well.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words! Your antenna mod sounds original and interesting, any photos? I feel I want to plastidip the antenna mount now, it looks pretty dull and flat even though I've treated it with Turtle Wax Black Chrome a few times.