MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > MINIs in General > 1st Gear
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
New MINI to me in CO
by jpveit
3 Replies, 52 Views
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Neutral

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Clearcoat peeling front bumper

My wife bought a new 2008 Mini Cooper S and within the first 5000 miles the front plastic components below and around the drivers side head light started to peel off the clearcoat. It showed absolutely no impact from anything it was just peeling. The BMW / MINI dealer in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada has been just brutalk for customer focus and follow-up. They basically told my wife tough luck deal with it we are not! They said a rock had to have hit it and she washed the car too often? I know many vehicle manaufactures have the smae materials used on their front valences and I do not see very many peeling off the clear coat. It absolutekly has to be something wrong in the preparation of the surface. Anyhow I contacted MINI Canada and they said it was up to the dealer and they couldn't help either. Wow these are not cheap cars and I have had many vehicles with no issues on their front plastic components. MINI I think has a major issue with their paint quality is anyone out there able to confirm the same issues? How do you resolve call Germany!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
picture?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM