1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:16 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by perryinva
The Toreador has updated it arrival status in Baltimore back to Monday, 6/6. Oh well, not like much would have happened on Sunday anyway.
It is still showing up as 6-5 on my marientraffic.com tracking... are you getting that from a satellite feed?

Old 06-04-2016, 07:08 PM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to Mini, my car is on the docks awaiting transport from Chelsea, but they can't find the name of the ship. The rep said my car appears to be booked and has a location on a ship set but there is no ship name listed. Has anybody encountered this before?

My car is bound for Galveston Texas and I see two ships coming through Chelsea bound for Galveston in the coming days - The Bushu highway on Sunday (K-line) and the Resolve (Wallenius Wilhelmsen) on Monday. The K-line ships don't allow cargo tracking so I won't know if it made it until I talk to a Mini rep on Monday but I was wondering how likely it is that I might make this ship.

When I was looking at previous VINs and checking them out on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site, I noticed none of them were shipped out to Galveston, even going back several months. Do all ships bound for gulf coast go out via K-line or something like that?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:53 PM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just the WW tracking app. Doubt they would update it to be later if it wasn't. Still says 6-6-16.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Scubagal
1st Gear
[QUOTE=bgdrewsif;4214464]I guess a 'congratulations' are in order for your speeding ticket scubagal? :-P Can't wait to see some great pics![/QUOTE

Look at "Lady Vivienne" in 1st Gear.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:12 AM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Now shows unloaded at Baltimore yesterday at about 5pm. Called my MA and asked for an ETA. They are not on the ball enough for me! HOPING for Friday, maybe Thursday if I'm lucky.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:17 AM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Contacted dealer. They still have no date of arrival there. Maybe Monday they said.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:59 AM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Contacted dealer. They still have no date of arrival there. Maybe Monday they said.
I have not been able to get a response via email from my motoring advisor in 4 days... I am worried 😥

Old 06-09-2016, 12:05 PM
perryinva
3rd Gear
And just got the call that my car is at the dealership. Will pick it up tomorrow morning after I inspect it etc, assuming that everything is good to go!!!! :-)

Old 06-09-2016, 01:42 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
And just got the call that my car is at the dealership. Will pick it up tomorrow morning after I inspect it etc, assuming that everything is good to go!!!! :-)
Congratulations! I called ASK MINI on my drive home today and the CSR told me that my MINI should arrive at the dealership over the weekend so I'm hoping to take delivery on Monday or Tuesday...

Old 06-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Scubagal
1st Gear
Oh yay! You'll love it! (I feel like we're all in the same graduating class with getting our babies at about the same time!)

Old 06-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Scubagal
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bgdrewsif
Congratulations! I called ASK MINI on my drive home today and the CSR told me that my MINI should arrive at the dealership over the weekend so I'm hoping to take delivery on Monday or Tuesday...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Scubagal
(I feel like we're all in the same graduating class with getting our babies at about the same time!)
I do too!

Old 06-12-2016, 06:03 PM
perryinva
3rd Gear
So far the only thing I'm disappointed in with the new Clubman is the Nav. My 4 year old Magellan beats it hands down. How sad.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Scubagal
1st Gear
So far the only thing I'm disappointed in with the new Clubman is the Nav. My 4 year old Magellan beats it hands down. How sad.

I'm still figuring out how to use Nav too. On Saturday went out ahead of time to get the address set in the system so wouldn't have to fuss with it with impatient, so-not-into-MINIs hubby and after going to that effort couldn't find the address I'd entered just a few minutes before. Took several minutes to get my destination re-entered, with said hubby being quite irritating all the while.

I'm looking forward to my "Second Date" at the dealer to get it sorted out (if I haven't on my own by then).

Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 PM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
Does anybody else expect their car to go out on the K-line ship "Eurasian Highway" tomorrow? I'm tracking it now and it should be at Southampton this evening (US time). I've been on the docks for 10 days so I hope my car makes it onto this one!

Old 06-13-2016, 03:47 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jax_myers
Does anybody else expect their car to go out on the K-line ship "Eurasian Highway" tomorrow? I'm tracking it now and it should be at Southampton this evening (US time). I've been on the docks for 10 days so I hope my car makes it onto this one!
Im stuck on the opposite end, STILL at the Vehicle Distribution Center in Baltimore for a week+ now...

Old 06-13-2016, 03:52 PM
jax_myers
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bgdrewsif
Im stuck on the opposite end, STILL at the Vehicle Distribution Center in Baltimore for a week+ now...
We're probably even because I was told by somebody who just went through the Galveston VDC hat it only took 2 days.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:34 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jax_myers
We're probably even because I was told by somebody who just went through the Galveston VDC hat it only took 2 days.
I have the awful feeling that something is not right, that Nigel is injured or ill... just being paranoid I hope?

Old 01-13-2017, 09:27 AM
rfg123
2nd Gear
Anyone else having trouble tracking their car on the Owner's Lounge? I have a production number so far but can't get the link to work: https://ol.miniusa.com/Errors/Error....rTracking.aspx

Old 04-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Yojinbo
Neutral
OL vs. ASK-MINI

Yes, I am another who found that the OL was not as helpful and up-to-date as ASK-MINI. I checked through the OL website for 10 days or so and got the 'Wow, you're fast' response. I called one day after hours and got a tentative completion date of 8 days later. So I called the next day and talked to a human and got the same date. Then I went to bimmer.work and chased the VIN and got the build specs! The OL was not very helpful in my experience.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Yojinbo
Neutral
My apologies if this is covered in a previous post: the OL says that your MINI is coming from Oxford even if it comes from Austria or the Netherlands. My VIN says our MINI is being built in Born, Netherlands, but the OL says Oxford. I know it's small thing but demonstrates another limitation of the OL site.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:57 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
The OL site is in sad need of updating. Based on the pictures it has not been updated since 2008nwhen I was tracking my 1st Mini order.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:19 AM
miniluvrF54
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
The OL site is in sad need of updating. Based on the pictures it has not been updated since 2008nwhen I was tracking my 1st Mini order.
Totally agree. The updates have been about a full 2 days behind the ASK MINI phone status too. It also doesn't tell you any stages of production. You go right from scheduled to complete.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:13 PM
miniluvrF54
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Anybody with MINIs out there on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship MANON? My MINI is aboard right now she's out to sea on its way to the NYC/NJ port.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:21 PM
Kodan
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ordered on Monday shows in production now on Friday

Woot I ordered my car on Monday and today I called my MA to ask if I could change a feature. He said sure no problem. He pulled me up and said Wow sorry but your car is already in production so we can't change anything. He sent me my production number and VIN. Hope my car gets here by my birthday in October.

Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated