1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated

Old 08-11-2008, 09:16 PM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insight! Well I guess 90 days puts me at October delivery. I might have HallowiniMini. Would love to have at least a Columbus Day Mini (nothing rhymes there.)

Old 08-18-2008, 05:09 PM
MiniBoz
2nd Gear
Mine is built and sitting at Southampton as far as i can tell. WW does not have the VIN and my guess is that I have to wait until the 23rd for the next boats. Nuts. Puts my Mini in NY on 9/4 - probably a week or so until it makes it to MoP. I'm guessing by mid-September... with check in hand the wait now becomes unbearable...

Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
My compliments on a very thorough posting!
I guess that timing is everything. I placed my order for a MCS Clubman on 07/05/08. I am, as of 08/21, still "on order", waiting for '09 production. ( I missed the cut off for '08). My MA sent me a copy of a Business Week article (www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/jul2008/bw20080725_616599.html) about how MINI has a large backlog of orders etc. etc.
I'm going to try "Ask Mini" to see if they can give me any further information.
I WANT MY MINI!!!

Last edited by djmcgill; 08-20-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 PM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
I am SO excited!!!!!!!!! I just logged into the Owner's Lounge and my MAGILLA is scheduled for production. Hot Darn! I may even have it in time for Christmas

Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 AM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
I thought a different kinda track, like road racing course

Old 08-25-2008, 05:07 PM
napria
2nd Gear
FYI --

I don't know if it's just me, but when I called 1-866-ASK-MINI on Friday, the representative would NOT tell me my status code. I called my MA and he was able to (and did) tell me my status code.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 PM
hoonu
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by napria
FYI --

I don't know if it's just me, but when I called 1-866-ASK-MINI on Friday, the representative would NOT tell me my status code. I called my MA and he was able to (and did) tell me my status code.
Was the representative named Travis?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:11 AM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
I called "Ask Mini" over the weekend and the VRU gave me a completion date of 09/02. I then called on Monday morning and was informed that the "systen is down" and was given the same completion date, but no other info was available. I at least know that my Magilla is being worked on.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hoonu
Was the representative named Travis?

Not sure what his name was, but I cajoled to no avail. He simply wouldn't give me my status code.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:23 PM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
Here's the docks in Baltimore. Do any MINIs get unloaded here?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Sorry, Lee, but MINI does not have a VDC at Baltimore.

Since I live in Annapolis (and since my ship was scheduled to stop at Baltimore on its way from NYC to Charleston), it would have been nice. But it only took about 4 days for my car to get to my dealer from NYC anyway.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Well I called 1-866-ASK-MINI again today and got a woman this time. She also could not/would not tell me my status code. Seems the only way to get it now is to call your dealer.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:06 PM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
The Ask MINI man... or was it a woman... how many times did I call today...well, he or she couldn't give me the actual status code, saying that it was not available, but to ask my MA. I did, and I got the confirmed 150. But...my MINI is due to be completed Sept 2... hmmm. When I call on Tuesday the 2nd, (they have Labor Day off this coming Monday) she'll already have been born. *sigh* I feel your pain, Napria, also when you got pushed to week 37.
I'm gonna miss it all.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:12 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by snowcap_millie
The Ask MINI man... or was it a woman... how many times did I call today...well, he or she couldn't give me the actual status code, saying that it was not available, but to ask my MA. I did, and I got the confirmed 150. But...my MINI is due to be completed Sept 2... hmmm. When I call on Tuesday the 2nd, (they have Labor Day off this coming Monday) she'll already have been born. *sigh* I feel your pain, Napria, also when you got pushed to week 37.
I'm gonna miss it all.
Today I called ASK MINI and because it's Saturday had to use the automated system. It tells me that my car is "On order with no confirmed production date" which is really getting me nervous that next time I call and talk to someone live I'll be told I've been bumped again!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
hmmmmmm. i ordered my mini monday, almost 7 full days ago now, and i haven't heard "boo" from my ma since. i don't have a "vehicle inquiry report" at all, no production number, just a "motor vehicle purchase contract" and a print out of the configuration from the miniusa web site. i even called my ma back yesterday to check on my credit application, said he would call back in a few minutes, and he never did.

i was beginning to wonder how long it should take to get my first email, and it seems i should have heard something by now and/or at least have a little more information about my order communicated to me by now.

i plan to call back on this tuesday (monday is a holiday here) to see what the deal is, but has anyone else seen this sort of thing from miniusa?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jpp_zoso
hmmmmmm. i ordered my mini monday, almost 7 full days ago now, and i haven't heard "boo" from my ma since. i don't have a "vehicle inquiry report" at all, no production number, just a "motor vehicle purchase contract" and a print out of the configuration from the miniusa web site. i even called my ma back yesterday to check on my credit application, said he would call back in a few minutes, and he never did.

i was beginning to wonder how long it should take to get my first email, and it seems i should have heard something by now and/or at least have a little more information about my order communicated to me by now.

i plan to call back on this tuesday (monday is a holiday here) to see what the deal is, but has anyone else seen this sort of thing from miniusa?
We ordered our MCS Clubman on May 11th and didn't hear anything from our MA until he had a production number for us. That was on July 26th. It just depends on what number you are on the waiting list. Did you ask by chance. We were number 14 when this all started. At this point I am happy to report that we are build week 37. If we are very lucky maybe we'll get her by the end of October.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:30 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
If we are very lucky maybe we'll get her by the end of October.
my ma quoted an october 20 delivery date on the purchase contract, but verbally indicated i would likely see it before then based on their recent order history. no idea where i stand on the waiting list. i guess i'm just happy to know this isn't really unusual...but the original post makes it sound like production numbers and communications should be starting w/in 24 hours. thanks for the response.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
received my production number today. it's a good thing my ma told me the build details would initially be wrong until it is scheduled for production, otherwise i woulda been pretty freaked out. pepper white must be the base color...

Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
received my production number today. it's a good thing my ma told me the build details would initially be wrong until it is scheduled for production, otherwise i woulda been pretty freaked out. pepper white must be the base color...
It can be just about any configuration for your model, until it's updated with your actual order. Usually takes a few days to update. My prod # was the correct color initially, but had other things different.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RaceTripper
Usually takes a few days to update.
checked out all the details of my order and everything seems to be in place, all colors and packages and options seem to be there, that is assuming the non-factory installed accessories (chrome bonnet scoop, driving lamps, mudflaps) are not typically listed.

but now the realization really hits...why oh why did i customize this thing? why didn't i just by the jcw model they had in the showroom or the s model they had on the lot? they were reasonably close to what i wanted...kinda sorta in a round about way. now i gotta wait! it hasn't even been two weeks yet and my mind is oatmeal. what's the correct emoticon for oatmeal brains?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:26 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
checked out all the details of my order and everything seems to be in place, all colors and packages and options seem to be there, that is assuming the non-factory installed accessories (chrome bonnet scoop, driving lamps, mudflaps) are not typically listed.

but now the realization really hits...why oh why did i customize this thing? why didn't i just by the jcw model they had in the showroom or the s model they had on the lot? they were reasonably close to what i wanted...kinda sorta in a round about way. now i gotta wait! it hasn't even been two weeks yet and my mind is oatmeal. what's the correct emoticon for oatmeal brains?
The big day arrives faster than you think. I ordered mine early July and I am taking delivery this afternoon or tomorrow morning. The wait went by fast (...wonder if being stinkin' busy at work had anything to do with it?).

Old 09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
LordRybo
Seat To Wheel Spacer
I may have missed this, but are there certain days when certain body styles are built? Do the hardtops, convertibles, and clubmans each have their place in the rotation, or are they all run through at once?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LordRybo
I may have missed this, but are there certain days when certain body styles are built? Do the hardtops, convertibles, and clubmans each have their place in the rotation, or are they all run through at once?
One might think that type of process would be more efficient, but given the high level of customization that us MINI crazy folks demand, it is just as easy to build them as they come through. So while the factory has a set number of slots for each type of MINI, it is my understanding that the MINIs are built in a first-in-first-out order process by Production Week slot.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 PM
djmcgill
3rd Gear
I just checked the WW cargo status of my MAGILLA. It shows "Received at Terminal - 04/09/2008 21:55" then, "Returned to Shipper 05/09/2008 10:43".
Can anyone explain what "Returned to Shipper" means?????????????

I know what "Return to Sender" means here in the 'Colonies' and that does not give me any good feelings about "Returned to Shipper".

Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 AM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djmcgill
I just checked the WW cargo status of my MAGILLA. It shows "Received at Terminal - 04/09/2008 21:55" then, "Returned to Shipper 05/09/2008 10:43".
Can anyone explain what "Returned to Shipper" means?????????????

I know what "Return to Sender" means here in the 'Colonies' and that does not give me any good feelings about "Returned to Shipper".
I've not seen or heard of that status code before. It is my guess that you should be on the phone with your MA IMMEDIATELY!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated