Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

P2299 brake/accelerator position incompatible?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:52 PM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2299 brake/accelerator position incompatible?

here's the story:

i was out on the track with some friends a few days ago, and noticed that my MCS was bogging down at the exit of ONE wide hairpin. every where else it was fine.

i was thinking that it could be a fuel related problem (stuck fuel pump, dirty fuel lines, dirty filter etc). it couldn't have been the gas level since i was at 3/4 full when i started lapping the track. so i started to think that it could just have been a bad batch of gas i got from the gas station (i filled it up to the brim with 96 octane gas prior to trackday. i use 95 octane for regular use. i was also thinking that i should've resetted the ECU when i filled up with 96 octane. hmm...)

me & my friends had so many theories...so i just went home

i borrowed a friend's scan tool and came up with the error P2299, i looked it up, and it means brake pedal position/accelerator pedal position incompatible

what does this mean?

Old 08-12-2007, 02:31 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
any ideas guys?

i cleared the fault code already and reset the ECU using the OBC. been testing her since, not a hiccup so far

Old 08-12-2007, 10:56 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Maybe a stuck brake pedal or sensor problem? I know that the ecu will over ride the throttle if the brakes are applied at the same time. In other words you can't be on the gas and try to push the brakes hard at the same time, the car will disregard the gas pedal input and will come to a stop.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ScottinBend
Maybe a stuck brake pedal or sensor problem? I know that the ecu will over ride the throttle if the brakes are applied at the same time. In other words you can't be on the gas and try to push the brakes hard at the same time, the car will disregard the gas pedal input and will come to a stop.
well i WAS heel & toe-ing aggressively that day...hmm...

Old 08-13-2007, 03:12 AM
CarterMD
3rd Gear
Quite normal error-code...

As already written, when being on the brakes and on throttle at the same time this error gets written in the memory.

I get it very very often when braking-in new brakes for getting them warm.

Just ignore it, or if possible just delete it. Nothing to worry about

Old 08-13-2007, 04:19 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CarterMD
Quite normal error-code...

As already written, when being on the brakes and on throttle at the same time this error gets written in the memory.

I get it very very often when braking-in new brakes for getting them warm.

Just ignore it, or if possible just delete it. Nothing to worry about
i actually forgot to mention that i was ALSO breaking-in new rotors & pads on the way to the track

so it can be safe to say that the car's "reply" to this kind of error would be to bog down? then suddenly have a resurgence of power after 3-4 seconds?

Last edited by mini_macky; 08-13-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 AM
snid
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tried left foot braking my 2003 Cooper on a wet skipdad BMWCCA event and didn't notice any problems with that. I also had an instructor try it and it worked well for him also - he was better at the technique than I was. Some of the instructors did say that the newer MINIs will bog down under left foot braking, but my older car did not, at least at skidpad speeds (low to mid rpms is second gear).

Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
That is the problem I was trying to describe......left foot braking. I am not very good at it at all, and had the same kind of problem as CarterMD posted about. I wish I could get this old brain of mine to adapt to left foot braking, but I keep going back to mashing the brake like it was the clutch....! LOL